1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hell, Mitt Romney is a pretty conventionally good looking guy. He seems intelligent. His resume is impressive in the Country Club Republican sense.

John McCain was, for fuck's sake, a WAR HERO!! (So, for that matter, were Bob Dole and Daddy Bush).

I could see people developing irrational loyalty to any of those guys. (GWB, I suppose, seems like an ok guy to have a beer and watch ball games with.)

But Fatfuck ... Jesus. First of all, he's a Fat Fuck. A FAT FUCK. He's ugly. He's stupid. He smells like pigshit. He's NOT fun to hang around with. He's world famous for backstabbing and abandoning his most deluded disciples. His entire career consists of fucking people over -- cheating them -- in sleazy crooked business deals.

I just don't get it.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Have you SEEN the people at his rallies? They make Trump look like the movie star they say he is.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Too late

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Forget looks, or anything physical at all. What stuns me is the complete lack of moral character. The rallygoers don't even bother me that much. That's the cult. It's the members of the party who fucking know better. They know trump is unfit and mentally ill. But they're all in. And a whole lot of them proudly tout their religion. If there is a hell, may they rot in it for these sins.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've thought about that a lot over the past few years, and came to a simple conclusion -- at least for the supporters who are roughly 65+.

He told them it was OK to hate Black people.

The generation that yelled at little Black kids as they just tried to walk to school had spent most of their lives having to pretend they weren't racist as fuck. They had to spent most of their adult lives professing that being white didn't necessarily make them better than everyone else.

Then a smirking carnival barker shows up telling them Black people are terrible and all Mexicans are rapists and murderers and he's going to take the country back for the real Americans. And then the campaign starts and he does really well in the early primaries and the generation that was quietly nostalgic for a time when they could be shitty racist assholes suddenly realized they didn't have to be quiet about it anymore.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Understood, but those are not the people that will decide the election. It's the monied, educated people that should know better. They grew up at the same time as I did and I naively thought they were pledging allegiance to the same flag and believing in the same things I was reciting "....allegiance to the flag, one nation, under god, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice FOR ALL." Assholes and frauds.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL these MAGA clowns are always triggered by lib celebs....because they know all they got are losers.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is this the same Jason Miller that tried to slip his pregnant girlfriend an abortion drug, or am I thinking of some other scumbag?

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same one. I haven’t heard of him paying a dime in child support, either.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The ones that really mystify and annoy the hell out of me are the MAGA veterans — the same ones who loudly canceled their local newspaper subscription because there wasn’t enough D-Day or Pearl Harbor anniversary coverage — blindly and completely backing a candidate who badmouthed prisoners of war.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A close second are the church goers who are ultra judgmental about every item of clothing or supposedly incorrect method of worship other Christians wear or make in church … totally backing a man who is openly a pervert, liar and rapist just to Own the Libs.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted