1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And we have a countdown clock! (or should this be in blue font?)

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the jury return a verdict in like 12 minutes.

It's not going to happen. I imagine the jury has been compromised already.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Even in my jury trial a few months back, it still took 3 hours for them to come back 12-0 (civil, not criminal trial). You want them to take some time to go through everything then provide their verdict. 34 counts is not going to be 12 minutes. I'd say by end of day.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is it one of those things where if he's "not guilty" of 1 he's almost certain to be "not guilty" of 2-34?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not a clue how this will turn out. As has been noted here, it’s impossible to predict a jury.

I’ve also not paid too close attention to it. The talking heads I have heard seem to be all over the place.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's been two months since the jurors were set on this. Knowing the magnitude of what we're dealing with, I would hope they take their time. I'll say this is a Friday verdict.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It does seem like it’s either guilty or not guilty down the line, right?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Predicting a hung jury.

Also it wouldn’t matter how guilty someone was; if I’m on the jury I’m holding out long enough for bottled water and maybe a round of catered sandwiches.

9. BTExpress

Certainly don't see anyone standing up and saying, "I'm telling ya, I just don't see any guilt on this 27th count regarding voucher number 872654. The others? Yeah, they got him dead to rights."

10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I think the longer the jury is out, the more likely it is there's a guilty verdict on at least some of the counts. It would be indicative of a thorough, meticulous jury going through the evidence and the elements of each charge and applying the facts as they know them to the law as Merchan instructed it to them.

If the prosecution hasn't met their burden of proof, it shouldn't take all that long for the jury to determine that.

garrow likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Probably guilty on most if not all charges, but it won't matter because he'll never do a second of time.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  12. BTExpress

If they make it until their 4:30 dismissal today, they will have exceeded the O.J. jury's arduous deliberations.

Trump will get his not guilty verdict the same day Jimmy Carter dies, just to suck up all the oxygen from that tribute.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted