1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Find yourself something as hopeless as the New York Mets.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Being a New York Mets fan?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They put in a lot of work verifying the numbers before doing this. I've already had people of color pushing back against his, saying it seems dubious at best, but these guys played a lot more games than are showing up in the official numbers. Their statistics from the barnstorming tours were left out.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is the first time I got to see four guys hitting on the Orioles' home-run hydration station simultaneously. Striking visual.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

They are the cure all. Dodgers lose five games in a row? No problem, go to New York and sweep a doubleheader then put up double digits the next day.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Any mention of Hunter Wendelstedt will make me recall him ejecting Aaron Boone for something a fan said.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My Dad saw the exhibition game in DC at the old Griffith Stadium between barnstorming major league stars (nobody made any money in baseball in the '30s) and a Negro League All-Star team. Dizzy Dean vs. Satchel Paige, won by the Negro League team in the 12th 1-0. Always sounded like a pretty good game to me, but of course no official stats. At least both sides got a payday. Stands, BTW, were segregated.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

City Connects?

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting to see certain MLB teams claim for themselves the achievements of certain Negro Leagues players who didn't live long enough to see integration.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted