1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gee, that's tough, kicking a guy when he's down like that.

Trump Media shares sink 9% after Donald Trump conviction
    From CNN's Matt Egan

Shares of Truth Social owner Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT) tumbled 9% in after-hours trading Thursday after former President Donald Trump was found guilty on all 34 felony charges.

Trump Media’s share price was little changed until news broke that the jury had reached a verdict. Shares then fell sharply after the conviction was announced.

Trump is the chairman and leading shareholder of Trump Media, which went public in March after completing a controversial merger.

Even accounting for the after-hours selloff, Trump’s dominant stake of 114.75 million shares is valued at $5.4 billion on paper.

Experts have said the lofty valuation placed on Trump Media is hard to square with the fact that Truth Social remains a tiny player in social media and the company generates very little revenue.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wait until Uncle Vlad gets THAT phone call.

He'll put Fatfuck in a high rise luxury suite with a scenic balcony on the 20th floor.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Bad layout, breaking his name over two lines like that.

Fred siegle, Dog8Cats, garrow and 2 others like this.
  4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Which to me, that part seems dumb. If you plead not guilty, even if you're then convicted I don't see why you'd get punished for still thinking you're not guilty and why you should have to say you're remorseful or sorry. I get it--based on 20 years of Law & Order viewing that makes me an expert--that if you plead guilty you have to talk about your crimes and maybe express remorse there. But feels like any sentence should be based on the crime itself, not on your reaction to it.

Plus, I really don't think anyone who hates Trump would want him to get a lighter sentence if he suddenly started giving press conferences saying how sorry he was.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just a placeholder until Phil Collins kicks.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My favorite part of cnn’s coverage right now is that they are following him up the fdr from a helicopter while he sits in traffic. It’s got to be an eternity for whoever has to sit listening to him right now in that car.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just ... Hang In Long Enough.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

When has Donald Trump ever publicly apologized or felt remorse for anything?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I disagree with your math:

The railroaded crowd number is already set; those backing away increases the other side.

TigerVols and FileNotFound like this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"I won those guilty votes by a lot."

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What have the Mets done to deserve this?

Draft saved Draft deleted