1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No. But the hangover is glorious.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Look at the hands! That is awesome.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can a felon run for a Constitutional office?

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My 10-year-old has bigger hands.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

One downside I see to this conviction: Eugene Debs is gonna get unfairly mentioned alongside Trump for the next six months.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Newsflash: In lieu of prison, Donald Trump has agreed to join a monastery and take a vow of silence. His monastic name will be Felonius Trump.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Constitution only has three requirements / disqualifications with regard to being president: Be a natural-born citizen of the United States. Be at least 35 years old. Have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

But it's not the Constitution that is broken It's the people in this country who nominated him as a candidate of a major party, and then voted for him, who are broken. The disqualification for him being president isn't constitutional. The disqualification should have always been that he's Donald Trump.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I suspect he thinks his supporters will revolt and break things and send a message to America that we're not gonna stand for this!

And they'll just shrug their shoulders and say, "Eh, we had a nice run there," and forget about him.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just now, a big guy, right out of central casting, had tears in his eyes and he said "Thank you sir, thank you for always being against this Mister Trump person." I don’t think he cried in his life, and I don’t think he cried when he was a baby.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Taking a lap of shame since I was 100 percent convinced this guy wasn’t getting convicted.

It slightly restores my faith in humanity.

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know I wrote the below. And today is fun as hell.

I'll believe these motherfuckers when they stay home. But not until then.

Draft saved Draft deleted