1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just go away

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great job by the prosecution. I don't think anyone considered this case to be a slam dunk. And damn if they didn't run the table on all 34 counts. I think they got a small assist from trump, who clearly forced his legal team to do some dumb shit. And that will always be the case with the convicted felon. But they had this thing air tight.

If this was the "weakest" of all the cases against convicted felon trump, I really hope we get to the stronger cases.

Kudos to a job well done.

3. Deskgrunt50

Naturally, the narrative that this conviction will be overturned by a higher court had been around before and especially now.

I don't think that's as easy to do as they're thinking, especially with a jury trial. Perhaps the legal minds here can give some insight when they get a chance.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The other cases – save for the one Aileen Cannon is continuing to botch – look pretty good. And from what we read/hear about Chutkan, she tolerates even less BS than Merchan.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Convicted felon Donald Trump. Just wanted to say it again.

7. Deskgrunt50

Going back to a common theme, that everything convicted felon trump does is projection. He cries ELECTION INTERFERENCE dozens of times a day.

Well guess fucking what... THIS was election interference in 2016. It got labeled the "hush money" trial, but it was absolutely election interference. We might not have ever been in this mess had this story come out on the heels of Access Hollywood. It was part of the perfectly awful storm of that hideous fucking election.

Slacker, Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have a small degree of regret that SNL already wrapped production for the summer.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They would have found a way to make it about Biden being old. Because Michael Che sucks.

Webster likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now that he is a convicted felon, SPC has a nicer ring to it than ever.

He's subhuman, lacking in any thought, compassion or ability to see the bigger picture other than how it benefits him, his wallet and his ego.
    Pile ... well ... I'll leave that to Starman.
    (of) Crime, which applies now more than ever. And, with any luck, we're not done seeing him go through the legal wringer and that more convictions for crimes he blatantly committed.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How would you like to be the poor soul who draws the duty of being Convicted Felon Trump's probation officer? Trump will be meeting with one in a couple of weeks to do an interview with them so they can draw up a recommendation for the judge.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Some of my friends, chicken little fucktards like many here, believe this clinched the election for Trump. Like a lot of folks are going to be like, yeah, this fuckface who just got convicted of 34 FUCKING FELONIES is the right choice. Fuck you America if that is actually the choice. I don't believe that to be the case. I think we're smarter than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted