1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He's much more useful to Putin here dividing the country than he would be in Moscow, where he has nothing to offer.

Russia would throw him back like a three-ounce fish.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And he exits, without taking any quesions.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

When Donald Trump is up there ranting, does it ever occur to him that the judge he's shitting on will determine his sentence?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I did not expect yesterday to be as cathartic as it was and is.

I can’t control the sentencing, the election or the outrage-dependent media that has sold its birthright for a dopamine hit of clicks and ratings. But for one day, a group of 12 citizens finally cut through all the bullshit and timidity and undue deference and spoke the plain truth. We CAN believe what we’ve all witnessed. We CAN tell the difference between right and wrong no matter how many self-interested demon enablers try to convince us otherwise. We CAN apply common sense and say this man is a criminal and deserves punishment.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

I know sentencing guidelines are lax for first-time offenders.

But can he now be considered a 34th-time offender? :)

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

There is not a place hot enough in hell for James Comey.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Absolutely precious that this verdict came on the same day he Tweeted covfefe 7 years ago.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that the sentence should be a bit lenient for the first charge, a bit tougher for the second and, for the third, that’s into three-strikes territory. Throw away the key. With each subsequent account, bury that key deeper and deeper.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

For Michael Cohen's role in the Daniels payoff - a crime to which he pled guilty - he was given three months in prison. What sentence do you give to the guy who directed and orchestrated that crime?

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

Cohen was also guilty of tax evasion, concealing $4 million from the IRS. It wasn't just the hush-money stuff he did time for.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted