1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Cody-AJ Part II definitely reeks of stopgap before SummerSlam. And they're not going to be able to replicate that atomic crowd from France.

From there, we'll get one of two options: Orton if he's healthy, or Solo. Hoping for option A because Cody against his mentor would be a great build, especially if Randy gets back to his diabolical ways.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

Henry's was so believable, it was one of the greatest swerves in WWE history. Just how it was so believable with Henry just speaking off the cuff (reacting to Mae Young chants, plugging his son's Twitter).

Batman likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Heyman’s promo was pretty damn good

Altho I dont see what good Owens saying out loud that its “Solo and two guys” does for anyone

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It sets up Roman's return with the Uso brothers, which sets up Summerslam.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thinking about it now, Orton would have been the better guy to pull off Fake Retirement II, Electric Booglaoo. He just came back from time off, so it’s more realistic if he finds himself in too much pain to come back. And you have the old Legacy tie-in. And wanting more more chance to go after Flair’s/Cena’s record.

Otherwise, the crowd is still too happy to see Orton back, so a fake retirement would be helpful in getting him heat.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

had the same thought, but I didnt think that was happening so fast. Maybe War Games?

Its gonna be interesting how it goes for Roman. The We Want Roman chants when Solos on screen are the loudest things on the show right now. Is he gonna overtake Cody as No 1 face immediately?

7. Baron Scicluna

I really enjoyed this Adam Copeland interview from a few weeks ago. It’s an hour and a half, but moves along quickly and he even drops the name of an SJer.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

JDV?

9. Baron Scicluna

Elliott Friedman

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Watching the Steamboat doc on A&E. He’s telling some great stories about his parents so far.

11. nietsroob17

Their reaction to one of his early matches against Ernie Ladd was epic.

It was a great Biography. Ricky was a legend, but not one where his whole story was already out there.

Two things I noticed they omitted: the horrible DDT from Jake on the concrete (which I was surprised, since Jake was one of the interview subjects), and his son's own wrestling career with FCW/NXT (maybe there's some touchy subjects there, since Richie wasn't part of the Bio).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
  12. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I noticed that too with the DDT on the floor.

Draft saved Draft deleted