1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 19, 2024.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Florida has dominated them. Igor is ridiculous.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Ragu. But this is a great series and deserves to continue to at least six, if not seven.

3. The Big Ragu

Thx. My tension has definetly ratched up watching these games. I went from feeling no sense of anxiety against Washington, to almost not caring against Carolina, to a ball of tension in the last few games. Florida has the puck in the Rangers end way too easily, and the Rangers can't clear it. Florida has owned the third periods.

The Rangers didn't deserve to win last night, and there are only so many games you can steal. They need to dig down and find something in themselves on Saturday. Igor has been amazing, Lafreniere has shown up to play and has taken the next step in his career, Goodrow has come out of nowhere and Trocheck is playing well. Fox is injured and trying to hide it, but he's trying.

Trouba has killed them with his play in spots. K'Andre Miller has had a tough time of it in this series, making mistakes. The big guns -- Zibanejad and Panarin, in particular -- have been anemic. They need them to have some big games if they want to move on. Panarin is back to feeding the narrative that he disappears in tough playoff series, and he is getting pushed off the puck really easily. I think Florida has him intimidated. And Zibanejad has looked terrible. To the point that I wonder if he is hurt. The OT goal was on him.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Florida is very good at taking a team's top scorers out of the action, as the Bruins learned to their sorrow.

5. The Big Ragu

Yeah. I really admire that team, even though I want the Rangers to beat them. They have a nasty streak. After every goal, every whistle, there is a little extra shove or hit. The one guy I don't like is Sam Bennett, although I am pretty sure I would want him on my team. Oh, and Evan Rodrigues who is the same punk he was on Pittsburgh. Him, I wouldn't want to have to root for on my team. Verhaeghe is just a hockey player. He has been relentless, and obviously Sam Reinhart had a great year, and Tkachuk is himself. Great moment last night when Kreider and him were jawing after a whistle, and Kreider grabbed that mouth guard that is always dangling from Tkachuk's mouth and threw it into the stands.

I always knew Barkov is ridiculously good, but he is somehow even more of a beast that I realized. He's so big and strong and skilled. He may be the best player in the NHL in terms of all-around, game-controlling ability. Zibanejad doesn't look this overmatched against many teams. He's pretty big and fast himself, even though he plays with no nastiness. They are manhandling him, and last night he was playing timidly. It's so disappointing as a fan.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ut-oh. Another two-goal lead for Edmonton.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hate that the Oilers are playing the Stars in the WCF, but it would be kind of cool to have Canada win the Stanley Cup Finals. Last Canadian team to win it was Montreal in 1993.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Nice of the Stars to show up for Game 5.

9. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

A game 7 in the Stars-Oilers series doesn’t look likely. Oil hitting on all cylinders.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Medvedev’s coach wore a Florida Panthers hat to his third-round French Open match.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Comin' in hot!

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Panthers-Oilers is going to be great hockey and whatever the lowest ratings for a Cup Final are they will be twice as bad

Draft saved Draft deleted