1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

But that would be so unfair to Don the Felon, right, SCOTUS?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find it funny that people are "shocked" that Trump's base is doubling down on their support. That's fine, they still only get one vote apiece, it doesn't matter if it's a super pissed-off vote for Trump, it's still just the same vote as before the verdicts were announced. Now the soft Trump voters? The ones that really don't want to have to vote for a felon? Or the Senate candidates in swing states that will have to ride or die with Trump and deny the verdicts, that could end up costing the GOP the Senate. We should see some movement in the polls this week as the reality sets in.

matt_garth, garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

A lot of states have laws like that. There's caselaw that they can't be enforced against candidates for federal office. Qualifications for president are set by the U S. Constitution and the U.S. Constitution alone.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Trumpist Riverside County Sheriff promotes putting a felon in the White House.

x.com

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me the path for Democrats to keep the Senate? They’re losing West Virginia and Maryland, and they’re probably losing Montana.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was out to lunch and sitting at a table next to two gay guys (I heard in detail about which gay bars are the best ones and why). One said that he is now planning to vote for Trump following the conviction, even though he believes Trump was guilty, because “liberals are being ridiculous” about the case. He blames Biden for high prices - “my salad at sweetgreen should only be $9.99!” (I swear he said that.). His very patient friend explain how Rs and Trump will roll back protections for LGBT+ people like them, rescind Obergefell (“I thought you wanted to get married someday.”), etc. to no avail.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They're not losing Maryland. That's a cinch bet. Ohio maybe. But it's the same problem for the GOP that they had in 2022. Little known but rich (so self-funding) and Trumpy candidates when more conventional pols would be solid favorites.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

-
    The Cook Report says the toss-ups include Montana, Nevada and Ohio. MD, Virginia and Arizona are likely Ds. They need to win all of them to keep the Senate (with a Biden win).

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted