1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, you're not.

matt_garth likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was responding to your post immediately prior. Wasn’t aware that there is a set of assumptions built into each subsequent post.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You posted, "Where were they supposed to riot, Staten Island?" As in, rioting wasn't a possibility. I have no idea what you were supposedly responding to. You didn't quote anything.

My response was, "You could have said that prior to 1/6. ... what are they going to do storm the Capital building?" Directly responding to what you asked. They could have rioted.

To which your responded, "Trump held a rally that spurred them on to riot on 1/6." As in, that was the difference. And I pointed out, "Yes, that is what I was saying the difference was."

Not sure what your point is. ... that they had no place to rally (Staten Island?) if they really wanted to? ... of course they could have. You acknowledged that after I responded. If Trump had organized a "stop the rigged trial" rally, I think there would have been riots (probably not on Staten Island, but you were the one who introduced Staten Island out of nowhere).

Or was there some other point related to Staten Island that I'm missing?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know juries reach verdicts based on the evidence, not because they fear for their safety, their families’ safety or that there may be riots.
    Anyone who thinks differently isn’t street smart or any kind of smart.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Every Accusation Is A Confession

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After the verdict, had the bailiffs thrown Trump to the ground and put a knee on his throat until he suffocated despite his pleas he couldn't breathe, I think they may have rioted.

One guy got murdered by the police. The other guy had a fair trial, the best legal representation money can buy (even if he probably won't pay them) and a judge who put up with BS and antics that would have gotten anyone else jail time.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“Since 1990, far-right extremists have committed far more ideologically motivated homicides than far-left or radical Islamist extremists, including 227 events that took more than 520 lives.[1] In this same period, far-left extremists committed 42 ideologically motivated attacks that took 78 lives.[2]

What NIJ Research Tells Us About Domestic Terrorism

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When was the last time people with power rioted against their own power?

Violence against the system happens when those rioting feel like the scales are tipped against them and they will never get a fair shake. Those with power (money, a history of knowing they had a real chance of being acquitted and knew they’d actually get a jury of their peers) aren’t eager to overthrow it.

And no it doesn’t make it ok to riot. But neither is unequal justice.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Each legislature will have to decide if Convicted Felon Donald Trump is worth approving those constitutional amendments.

maumann likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“No way I took second prize in a beauty contest. The beauty contest was rigged, believe me.”

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted