1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't buy any of that. She got plowed.

JimmyHoward33 and Alma like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Clark's FG percentage down to just over 35%, 3-point percentage under 30%. Turnovers holding steady at 5.4 per game.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The Fever have played 11 games in 20 days. Most of the league has played between 6 and 8 in that same stretch and no one else has played more than 9.

She's gassed. I'm not worried about her percentages right now. I'm looking forward to see how they play after finally get a rest, and a chance to run some practices.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I noticed they're playing almost every other day. Schedule was released in mid-December. Guessing it was an attempt to turbocharge interest from the get-go, since the Fever having the No. 1 pick had been known for months. Only one other team since 2007 started a season with 11 games in 20 days (Washington in 2011, which went 1-10).

franticscribe and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've watched most of her games, and lately they're not doing much to get her the ball and open looks. They've moved to playing her off the ball on offense a lot, rather than have it in her hands to create. And her off the ball offense seems to consist solely of running off a screen to try and get a look for a three. I think they ought to mix in some misdirection on her move out to the three point line, reverse and go to the basket and maybe pick up a few easy layups. That also might help keep the defense honest a little bit and not just suffocate her at the 3 point line.

Agreed she and the entire team is gassed. And maybe some practice time can help them sort out their half court offense.

sgreenwell and franticscribe like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pat McAfee and Stephen A have WNBA hot takes today. Congrats on being mainstream!

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

48 hours later, the Sky are, you know, sorry. I guess.

x.com

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The ones who brought you "Why doesn't Barry Bonds bunt more?" ... bring you ....

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Translation: Adam Silver called and lit into all of our asses, asking us if we are complete morons for trying to kill off the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    poindexter likes this.
  10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Did Clark elbow her first, maybe knowing that Carter was a bit of a wild card and figured she'd respond in a way that could draw a tech or a suspension? I get that Clark is a delicate flower than shall not be touched, but maybe she smart enough to know that she can quickly get under some player's skin and reap the benefits.

Just saying...

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How much can be considered "welcome to the WNBA" treatment?

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Or stronger, more experienced players use physical advantage to rattle smaller player?

It feels like this sort of thing happens regularly in sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted