1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Sometimes it takes a club until June to realize it's horseshit, and the Mets came to that realization a few weeks earlier than usual.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels send LHP Reid Detmers to the minors (3-6, 6.14, 1.48 WHIP). Yesterday, third inning, he walked the 9-hitter Ryan Bliss, who was playing his second MLB game. Bliss stole second and third and scored the first run. Next inning, with two outs, Detmers walked 8-hitter Luke Raley and 9-hitter Bliss again to load the bases. J.P. Crawford hit a grand slam.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've always railed about the interviews with players in the field. But the Sunday night gang has been spending the last half-inning talking to Bryson Stott while he's playing shortstop, and it's been pretty good TV.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tigers sending Torkelson to Toledo.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I always thought Toledo is so close to Detroit they should send a guy down via pneumatic tube for the novelty of it.

I am not Elon Musk.

I Should Coco and Fred siegle like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd have an interpreter to blame:

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Orioles bring up Connor Norby and put Jorge Mateo on the concussion list, because the only thing Cedric Mullins can hit right now is his own teammate in the on-deck circle.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Bal'mer has three definite All-Stars -- Henderson, Rutschman, Burnes -- and a fourth who should be -- Westburg.

I can't think of another Orioles pitcher who would even merit consideration. The other starters have been spotty, and each reliever has blown up at some point. (Maybe not Coulombe?)

In fact, given the pitching inconsistency, their record is remarkable.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Rangers' AA affiliate is 35 miles from Globe Life Field. Just hop on the Sam Rayburn and get on 360.

Hermes likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Twins just Uber their guys over to St. Paul, and back. Same with the Braves to Gwinnett, I expect.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Tacoma (Mariners’ AAA team) is about 35 miles from Seattle.

That’s a nice two-hour drive during most of the workday.

swingline, JC and Hermes like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And ya know what? We deserve it.
    The wretched years. Ownership sending come-hither glances toward Nashville. Natitude. It required patience.
    I'm not one to believe the Orioles will sign Boras clients to long-term deals. I'm not naive. We all know nobody other than Cal Ripken grows up dreaming of being an Oriole for life. But ownership will find a way to make this franchise decent even after Gunnar becomes a Brave.

Draft saved Draft deleted