1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've not read the piece. I assume it was NOT an op-ed/opinion piece? You'd expect that from the opinion side at the WSJ, but not in their news coverage. Which is almost always top-notch.

Assuming that's the case, a pretty clearly timed hit piece. And a poorly executed one at that.

But you know what? Keep lowering expectations, you dumfucks. It worked so well in 2020. And as recently as the State of the Union.

These chucklefucks are not serious people.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of the two reporters, Annie Linskey, who used to work at the Globe, is the charmer who posted on Twitter a picture of Biden walking through the graveyard where his first wife, daughter who was killed in the same car crash and Beau Biden are buried with the caption, "Biden walks in graveyard as his legislative agenda is dying in Washington." You gotta be a shit person to do that. She took it down, but that may be one reason she is no longer at the Post, where she worked when this happened, and is now at the WSJ.

3. Deskgrunt50

Jesus. What a fucking asshole.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely horrible.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah it's horrible and yeah it's a hit piece but yeah that's the world we live in and the Biden Administration is terrible at countering the narrative. Did Biden call up Emma Tucker and give her an off-the-record "proof of performance" by shredding her?

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

This f*cking guy.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The GW Parkway? One of the most beautiful stretches of road on the East Coast. I run alongside it all the time.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Then again...

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nancy Pelosi, Patty Murray, Jack Reed and other congressional Dems have said they were interviewed for this story, contradicted its premise, and were never quoted. That's why CNN had one of the reporters on to shred her. What more are they supposed to do? Push Linskey off the Connecticut Ave. bridge?

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

BW. I took it into the city every day from Howard County.

11. Deskgrunt50

There's value in anonymous sources in journalism. They can have value, a lot of value, depending on the piece and the situation.

In this case it's absolute chickenshit. Anonymous politicians giving their... expert medical diagnosis? Fuck that with a rusty chainsaw.

I've also yet to see a piece from a reputable outlet on the mental illness of the convicted felon.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted