1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I know he's playing the heel and trying to play off the criticism he's taken, but damn the stuff with Jericho is painful to watch.

Huggy and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

very cm punk feel to that promo in the best possible way

3. nietsroob17

The problem with Forbidden Door now is that AEW has signed the guys who were on that other side before (Jay White, Ospreay, Okada), so it's becoming more like just any other PPV.

There's no door opening for Swerve and Ospreay (though it should be an amazing match), and I don't know have the least clue who these chicks are that Toni and Mercedes are facing.

Who's left on the other side who's still got some decent name recognition? Zach Sabre Jr.?

Blackpool vs. the CMLL guys tonight was fine, but the CMLL guys got crickets from the crowd.

4. nietsroob17

Because to be a backstage interviewer in AEW, you apparently need to be romantically involved with one of the wrestlers. That now makes three.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've been a Jerichoholic forever but this gimmick is just garbage.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Weird. I'm enjoying the comedy gimmick from Jericho that sure seems like a rib of CM Punk as he offers advice to people not wanting it. Also, too, Jericho even did a couple of kayfabe videos from the front row of a Rolling Stones concert. Dude is enjoying the heck out of this new character.

Huggy likes this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've tried to see it that way too but it just comes across as so cringy which might ultimately be the idea.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think that's absolutely the idea. Big Bill doing comedy is something I didn't know I needed after his time as the big bad tough guy.

Huggy likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

He hasn't caught a break with his health for about the last four years now, but if there's someone I'd desperately like to see get another chance in the "new" WWE, it would be Keith Lee. I think it's pretty clear how highly Triple H thought of him, and he was so hugely over in NXT. He was just badly misused on the main roster when he was healthy. Bearkat? Turning him heel?

10. nietsroob17

Solo doing the spear and the Shield triple powerbomb? Oh, the slow build until Roman returns.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Piper’s promo was great. Made me care about her match. Did not have that on my bingo card

12. nietsroob17

I'll admit, I get a kick out of Cutler as the Brisco/Patterson-esque stooge for the Bucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted