1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wait til you see my returns on 3+ Ks in the first inning. A’s and Mariners has been a gold mine!

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You could probably do well just betting on 3+ Ks for the Mariners half of each inning. I left the “+” on there because there could be a dropped third strike mixed in.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Forgot to put down on JP Sears for the days K leader at 22/1. He’s in the clubhouse with eight.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Worth noting Krukow is only doing home games and the NL West and games at Oakland, the latter two from the studio, no thanks to a rare condition that has him mostly confined to a wheelchair. Kuiper has cut back his travel schedule the last couple of years as well. But they're still great and Frick worthy.

Miller's only been doing home games the last couple of years. Joe Ritzo gets called up from San Jose for road games. Meh. But what would it take for them to hire Doug Greenwald, currently the voice of the Yolo High Wheelers online?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Don't get to hear him much anymore, since I have Comcast, but I've really liked Randazzo over the past year and a half. Maybe it's because the previous two years had been so bad, broadcast-wise, so he sounds good by comparison, IDK.

Enberg is obviously the GOAT in the Angels booth, but I actually though Victor Rojas was pretty solid during his time, and other than those two it's been a bunch of guys who weren't great, but not offensively bad either (2021-22 excepted).

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hank's son or grandson?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Son. Sounds very much like his dad too.

maumann likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Juan Soto pulled from Yankees game with forearm soreness. Says it’s been an issue for a week or two.

Hopefully just a precaution. Dude is on a tear and really fun to watch.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Could some of the mistakes be because the Angels are too cheap to send their tv people on the road? I know their radio guys don't.
    My provider doesn't carry the Angels, so I haven't watched them in years. I couldn't stand 'Gooby'. I swear, most hitting seemed to be 'getting your hands through the zone'. He never had a personality or anything interesting to say. And I know this isn't supposed to factor in my interest - but most teams have a former star as their color guy: Palmer in Baltimore, Orel in LA, etc. The Angels hired the guy at the end of his career pitched in 2 games, with a 25 ERA. Jesus.

Fuck Arte.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do the A's still have the bearded goof in the cab driver hat nodding his head as the play by play guy says racist stuff?

11. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

I never have figured out why Mark Gubicza, one of the top 10 (maybe top 5) Royals' starters of all time, is doing Angels games, and Rex Hudler, who was a serviceable utilityman for several seasons for the Angels (but never played for KC) is doing Royals games.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hudler was the Angels' tv guy 20+ years ago.

He was found with a small amount of pot at an airport years ago, and the Angels shitcanned him toot suite.

BartonK likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted