1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

True, but even with this court, I can't see them granting certiorari over one random asshole defying a subpoena.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Whole bunch of Fox News polls out today. Bottom line, Trump leads everywhere, and is on track to a 400 electoral vote total (including Virginia!). Same polls show abortion rights amendments passing by landslides in Arizona and Florida. Fox has always had reputable polls, no more inaccurate than anyone else's. These seem to indicate voters are absolutely determined to get rid of Biden no matter what they think about anything else. Also, won't they be surprised when the national abortion ban is signed into law in 2025.
    Note: My personal opinion is that polling is now a practical impossibility, but the Fox scenario is as likely as any of the others.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I don't either, but they've done quite a few things I didn't expect so ... I dunno.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And probably not a drop of Trump Water to be found at the site.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Polls are polls and there's at least a 5% abortion tax, probably more, that isn't being factored in yet. There might also be a 3-5% criminal conviction tax which is probably not even in the new polls.

Wouldn'tn put it it past the Big Bad Wolf to start wishcasting.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Can't have that now, can we?

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The old Sandy Hook school was torn down and is now a memorial. Probably due to the crisis actors or something. /s

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whenever I come across a poll that I find interesting - I'll always check into the cross tabs. Find out who they talked to. There is a "secret sauce" to poll where you talk to X number of people then project it out to what you think the voting electorate will be on election day. Those who ultimately swing elections are those voters that pollsters don't think will vote - if they are right, the poll is right, if they are wrong - they are way off.

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Speaking of which …

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fox News’ polls have always been decent from what I understand, but after 2020 they gutted the entire polling department so they wouldn’t embarrass a Republican again. So maybe they’re Rasmussen-level polls anymore?

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but pretty soon Phoenix summers will consist of heat dome season, then monsoon season. Both brutal.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And the monsoon has been dwindling down to nothing the last few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted