1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She was also a regular on The Rockford Files. (And I saw her on Kojak a few weeks ago.)

garrow likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Dick Wolf's other shows, the Chicagos and the FBIs, do the same. Continually moving characters in and out. I think there may be one original actor left on Fire and PD.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The man's already been a hero. Green Arrow

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Network cop shows have really missed an opportunity since George Floyd (and other cases) to show a "likeable" character doing something very bad. It is one thing to have a "one off" bad cop - but have a regular shoot a black person because they were afraid? Or just didn't care? Shoot - its been about 20 years since "The Shield" aired and the narrative of bad cops has never been pursued on a regular basis. It is a real lost opportunity for a great storyline. Maybe a "bad cop" is very likeable most of the time and does a good job, maybe a "good cop" is kind of a scumbag at times. And yet, network TV continues with the white hat/black hat BS. I'd love to see a Law and Order episode that goes after a local police union official - now THAT would be fun.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is really one of the best Columbo episodes ever, with a fit Robert Conrad. (don't miss the closing credits, where some creative mind on Columbo wrote a jingle for Conrad's gyms). That bikini scene with Corbett is legendary.
    Corbett went on to play Jim Rockford's lawyer/girlfriend in The Rockford Files.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Clipped is pretty good; some good stuff that’s at least intriguing even if not true.

garrow and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. DanOregon

https://ew.com/white-collar-reboot-in-the-works-with-matt-bomer-8659886

I'm in. Those USA shows were just so well calibrated for end of the work week viewing. Not too heavy, a good dose of humor and great use of shooting on location, whether in Long Island/Hamptons, NYC, Vancouver (for Santa Barbara or SF) or wherever. Heck, I even liked Fairly Legal with Sarah Shahi.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ed O'Neill can produce just the level of sleaziness needed to play Donald Sterling. And it's a situation you don't always get to see: Two sides, BOTH of which you want to see go down hard.

Fishburne does Doc Rivers very well, too.

garrow likes this.
  10. DanOregon

Finally finished off Snowfall. Damn, damn, damn. Solid series. Liked the hat tip to Boyz in the Hood in the finale.

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Been binge watching The League. Funny at first, losing interest by season 4.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hacks!

playthrough and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted