1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

We've never met. Seems really nice and has a cute dog.

Also, Hurley is now the NorthStars. Apparently, there was a family with a child with dwarfism getting to school age and they figured now might be the time.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ll assume Butternut did the same thing. Haven’t been up there since Jolene was a senior at SSHS. I’m old.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If you want to talks snubs for the women's squad, Arike Ogunbowale is the snub

27 years old, averaging 26.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 5.0 assists 3.1 steals. In six seasons her low is 18.7 points.

Also, Clark could end up as an injury replacement, and then all of this is for nothing. I don't know if anybody thinks Chelsea Gray is going to be available from her foot injury -- three weeks ago she didn't have a timetable to return, just that she'd be back at some point this season.

I don't know if it was here or on the Olympics thread a bit ago but when you looked at the player pool, and the fact that almost the entire roster was going to return, there wasn't really a spot / who would you leave off?

Taurasi isn't some charity case to get another gold -- she's averaging as many points as Clark is at 42 freaking years old. She scored 31 points six days ago.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And which one will be better for this niche sport going forward?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Would be nice if she could shoot. I mean she shoots --- a lot, almost 24 times per game --- but only makes 36%. Barely 30% from 3-point range.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think you can play for a country in the Olympics if you visited there once, or borrowed that country's Fodor's Guide from the library. The criteria is ridiculous, like Becky Hammon, the pride of Rapid City, playing as a Russian.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

so put her on the team and she doesn’t start or play a lot and everyone bitches then

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Her mother is of Italian descent ...

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And 5 times as many people watch. This isn’t hard, she’s not a make wish foundation recipient.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can only roll my eyes at the rest of women's basketball wanting to keep Caitlin Clark "in her place."

She's not taking bread out of your mouth. She's putting bread in your mouth.

And I can only agree that women's basketball just loves shooting itself in the foot.

franticscribe and JC like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Didn't say she was a charity case. Said she's been to five already.

I mean, the professionalization of the Olympics horse is way out of the barn, but the primary thing the professionalization of the Olympics has done is...keep more people from competing in the Olympics. LeBron doesn't need to be in another games, either. (Curry is in his first, incidentally.)

Draft saved Draft deleted