1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You're living in a dream world if you think that asshole put those flags up as ... what, a buffer zone?

He's a deranged paranoiac. At the least, for the Nazi flag alone, I'd call the FBI and ask if this guy is on their watch list.

I wouldn't go near that house, either. But I would make sure everyone in town saw that photo.

And all the Feds, too. Maybe nothing would come of it. But anyone who flies a Nazi flag deserves some larger scrutiny.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine it doesn't help with the property values. :mad:

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Whine hard

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I get a little kick out of a journalist who clearly hates Trump...nevertheless watching his every move as a means of making a living.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get a little kick out of a poster who claims he doesn't support Trump and usually votes against Republicans who nevertheless constantly takes positions on their sides of discussions.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Imagine . . . a person who can actually hold positions that each side agrees (and disagrees) with.

Like WTF do immigration, abortion, gun control, business regulation and taxes have in common that people are expected to fall in line with whatever their party's position is?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Unfortunately because of partisan politics, the elected officials themselves won't separate the issues, so as a voter, if you support women's choice but gun rights, there is nowhere to go.

Sea Bass and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. outofplace

There is nothing wrong with that. It is when people misrepresent themselves that a little mocking is in order.

wicked likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think I do take "Republican" positions on almost anything not named abortion or immigration.

And on the latter...Republicans weren't particularly troubled by undocumented immigrants until they had to adopt that position to align with Trump. For many years, Republicans cheerfully exploited undocumented immigrants because it helped the business bottom line, while Democrats, understanding how it suppressed wages and hurt working people, was more leery of it.

(On climate change, Biden/his team generally works a good middle ground and is ready to pursue nuclear power.)

Let's talk about the positions. Fine with me.

I talked politics here before Trump. Aaron Rupar wouldn't have any kind of income without him. That's the point. Trump completes that guy. Which is why, after Trump is gone, the threat of Trumpism - real or imagined - will never leave us. It makes too many people - on both sides - too much money.

10. outofplace

Yes, you have been claiming you mostly vote for Democrats and taking the Republican side of just about every argument for a long time.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I wish I could find the exact quote, but Andy Rooney had a column from 1980 in the form of a quiz to help people determine if they were a Democrat or Republican. One of the items went like this:

“Abortion, Gun Control, Equal Rights Amendment: This is all the same issue. People are either for or against all three.”

Nothing new under the sun.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're not all the same issue.

I'm as pro gun-control as anyone here. So much so I'd take assault rifles away from citizens and cops.

Draft saved Draft deleted