1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Times had a story a few months back about precious young 20-somethings who were, like you, tired of the existential crises.

I get it, and I hate it too. But we can't forget that the stakes are high here.

A third of the population is about to vote for a felon for president. Including some Gen Zers who find the MFer "funny."

What will happen to society if he's re-elected ain't "funny."

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fortunately, it's never going to happen here. And some of the countries where it does happen should take more lessons from us.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The NYT, WaPo, CNN, and other Trumpian journo junkies want to offer her a job.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

How was the couch? :D

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah but in @Driftwood's defense neither he nor his wife are going to vote for Trump and there's literally nothing they could be doing on a peaceful Sunday night to make a bit of difference in the presidential election in their neck of the woods.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fuck the couch. I'd have said "I said NO!" and gone to a motel.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Exchanges like that are almost non-existent in my house. She never brings up politics, and I know better than to do so. Most recent brief exchange went like this, as I was watching yummy Erin Burnett on CNN:

Her: "You watching that American propaganda again?"
    Me: "Yes. Our cable system doesn't offer the Russian propaganda anymore."

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When CNN only operates because a dictator who runs our country allows it to, and other news outlets get shut down (and people sent to prison or they are killed if they persist), I will jump on board and equate our "propaganda" with theirs, too.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"You see, Mr. Trump, my wife is such a big fan of the Apprentice. Never missed an episode. One time, we had to go to a departmental banquet...and wouldn't you know...it was at the same time as the Apprentice. My wife didn't want to go to the banquet with me as you could imagine because she didn't want to miss your show. So, I decided to get one of those DVR gadgets. I had no idea how to make the damn thing work! I had to call in my 11-year-old nephew to set it up for me. But eventually he did, we went to the banquet and as soon as we got home, my wife had to watch the Apprentice.

But I digress....Mr. Trump....if Joe Biden stole an election from you when he was a private citizen, what chance to you have now that he's POTUS?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My wife got to the “I don’t want to talk about or listen to the convicted felon trump” a while ago. I’m pretty much there but I can’t really avoid a lot of it because of work. But it’s healthy to limit it. We both know how we’re voting and nothing will change that.

It makes me an equal combination of angry and sad that it’s going to be close and the worst piece of shit America has to offer, a convicted fucking felon who tried to overthrow our government, has a real chance to win. We know the stakes and hope Biden pulls it out. But we can’t do much more than vote and donate to the causes we believe in.

It helps me to vent here, and leave it here, when I get particularly annoyed. But otherwise we’re just enjoying everything else and hoping it goes our way in November. I just want the fucker to be irrelevant again

gingerbread, Slacker, maumann and 2 others like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I was watching the actual breaking news of Trump being convicted, my wife said, “Wait, Trump is running for president again?”

She thinks Trump is an idiot, but she doesn’t care about following the day-to-day madness. She’s busy working her small work-at-home business and doing things around the house. She may or may not vote on Election Day (her vote won’t matter in our super-blue state). She doesn’t have time or inclination to be outraged

Liut and maumann like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The Trump platform seems to be:

1. Throw out all the illegals
    2. Dismantle the Deep State

If you take him at his word, he's going to spark an economic and constitutional crisis right away, and the voices that helped slow his agenda the first time have a tenuous grasp on our institutions.

tl;dr: When you reach the "Find out" phase of, "Fuck around and Find out," it's too late.

Draft saved Draft deleted