1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They might have enough saved up from recent truncated basketball runs to swamp Omaha. But I’ll believe it when I see it. They never really have much of a turnout in Hoover. In fact, Tennessee is the probably the only SEC team in or potentially in that will bring a big travel party. They’ll really be leaning on the locals for attendance this year.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They should just play the CWS in Hoover. Big Omaha stadium doesn't do HR-happy Vols any favors.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With LSU out, the key could be which of the remaining teams Tigers fans heading to Omaha anyway will adopt.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After watching college regionals across the board I have a new appreciation for most MLB umpires. They do a far, far, far superior job on balls and strikes. A college ump's strike zone seems to vary from game-to-game, inning-to-inning and batter-to-batter.

No individual ump was Greg Street 2017 awful, but it seemed like pitches that were 1 or 2 balls off the plate were regularly called strikes.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

What in the world of Little League was the pitcher doing on that wild pitch? How in the Super Regionals are you just standing there picking your nose and letting what becomes the winning run score from second because you couldn't be bothered to even move toward the plate?

poindexter likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Mike Martin (11) was awesome. I never knew his son. Since 11 has passed away and the school is currently committing treason and secession against the league, I shall not be rooting for them.

7. tapintoamerica

Remarkable. I think the third base coach was telling the runner to keep on going but didn’t want to go full windmill lest he alert the Beavers to their failure.
    I also doubt the play mattered since Oregon State would not have scored again for another week.

8. tapintoamerica

One of my favorite geography quirks: Kentucky borders Missouri, which borders Nebraska.

maumann likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The last athlete in the history of the Pac 12 ended the conference as follows:

• PITCH
      Strike Looking

Strike Swinging

Strike Looking

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought the wp score was bizarre. I figured that kind of thing is drummed into pitchers in high school.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There are 21 states that are within two states Tennessee, including eight that border it.

tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No. We're not letting Nebraska in the SEC.

Batman and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted