1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes we do need to post every inane thing the GQP does. In case we miss one.

tapintoamerica and matt_garth like this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The only thing that’s going to save the GOP is the “both sides!” Anti-Trump conservatives, sane and rational people who have mostly fled this thread, and largely this site.

It’s not enough for them to sit silently by and be content to not vote Trump. They are the only ones with the power to repudiate the GOP.

They should have done it in 2016, held their noses, and voted for Hillary, whom they might hate, but who would not have created an existential threat towards our country.

They’ve got to do it now. Romney and Cheney have tried to show them the way. From what I’ve seen, that crowd has mostly just disengaged from politics, or occasionally chimes in when they see a chance to score points with some both siderisms.

The standard GOP politician believes they must at least pay lip service to the Trumpists, lest they be run out of the party.

If there are still sane conservatives, they need to let the GOP know the opposite is true, even if that means *gasp* the Democrats gain power in Washington.

Sorry. It’s a shit sandwich. They should have nipped this one 10 years ago.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perfect.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did we ever figure out the sinking boat electrocution vs. shark? Or what architects have to do with it?

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I've been writing things like this for ages!

franticscribe and Webster like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I fundamentally agree.

I also think Democrats have committed bizarre unforced errors on immigration, the kind that crop up when "whatever Trump might have done, let's do the opposite for a couple years" mindset creeps in.

The problem with Trump is, to some degree, the policy decisions. But the real problem with Trump was and is the man himself. It shouldn't have taken Biden years to figure out the border issue. His team lived in fear of what people like Chris Hayes might say about Biden policy being "Trumpist" in nature.

Forget that.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I really think most people voting for Trump don't care what any other politician, staff member, friend, former barber, etc. etc. ad nauseum has to say about him.

He's their God and he can do no wrong. The sooner you realize this the sooner you'll see how deluded these people really are.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't need Alma to do anything. Unlike you, I see through his bullshit.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Let's talk about this.

Tell me everything you know about an illegal immigrant - or even an asylum seeker - and our government's obligation to provide due process under the constitution before deporting ...

11. outofplace

This is the kind of nonsense I'm talking about. Trump and the Republicans set about doing the opposite of everything Obama did once he took office, but now you want to pass this off as if the Democrats are the only ones who take that mindset.

12. outofplace

It also plays into their hands to ignore it. This is what Trump does, pile up the lies and insanity so high that some of it will sneak through unnoticed.

Draft saved Draft deleted