1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vandy needs homecoming wins too.

Big Circus, HanSenSE, Batman and 4 others like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The next guy hit a deep fly ball that would have scored the runner from third anyways.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

High school? I've seen middle school rec coaches try to get that as automatic. My 12-year-old playing competitively would probably be benched if he did that right now, and maybe even at 10U!

4. dixiehack

This guy on the radio keeps referring to N.C. State as “the Pack Nine” and I keep thinking there’s been yet another conference shuffle.

HanSenSE, Batman and tapintoamerica like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or another defensive scheme in basketball that nobody can describe.

Batman likes this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

LOL Georgia.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nah ... that has been used for years to describe Elliott Avent's program.

Light It Red ... again. Bowl game ... men's and women's Final Four ... and now Omaha. Pretty good stuff athletically.

And now Avent is crediting Jim Valvano, Kay Yow, Ray Tanner (who just fired his second baseball coach in Columbia) and his parents. Good for him, too.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Too busy enjoying to laugh.

franticscribe and MileHigh like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the State women won the NCAA cross country meet too. A local girl who lives just up the street from me just committed to them, she's one of the top runners in the state. People were shocked she turned down Stanford. You just don't do that out here.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, Stanford, N.C. State. Seen one ACC team, seen 'em all. :)

maumann and Big Circus like this.
  11. dixiehack

Virginia-UNC the Friday afternoon game; Tennessee-FSU that night. Saturday is NC State-Kentucky, followed by the Aggies and Gators in prime time.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The only CWS team that isn't a national seed is last year's runner-up that finished 28-27, went one-and-done in its conference tournament, sneaked into the NCAA Tournament by the skin of its teeth, and now might be the most dangerous team among the final eight.

Wish they could swap Tennessee and N.C. State in the bracket to give us the ACC bracket and the SEC bracket, and make it nice and clean.

I know Virginia has a national championship of somewhat recent vintage, but the other side of the bracket feels like somebody said, "OK, if we put them all on the same side of the bracket ONE of these choke artists will be in the championship series and maybe they can finally get it done."

If any of the SEC teams win, that'll be five in a row for the league with five different teams. If any of them except Florida win, it'll give half the league (seven out of 14 teams) a baseball national championship since 2010.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted