1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Verdict in the Hunter Biden case.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Guilty on all three counts.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

MAGA's 2A Biden-haters must feel feel conflicted either way.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The Biden EO was done to placate the squishies like you, who have given approximately zero thought to the difficulties and intricacies of enforcing American immigration law.

CLOSE THE BORDER!!!! is a bumper sticker, not a policy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"The Corrupt Obama-Biden Machine even went after Biden's son!"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Also, as Regan pointed out, Biden tried to get more done with Congress, but Trump instructed his minions to kill it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I won't lose any sleep for Hunter Biden. He seems like an entitled fuck-up who got used to coasting through life on his dad's name, so for once it isn't working out for him.

But it is absurd that he was prosecuted for something so silly. Nobody else on earth would have faced this prosecution and it served no purpose with regard to actual justice.

But for once his dad's name came back to him in a way he didn't benefit from. The shoutfest that is America made it so they did an absurd prosecution to "prove" that they don't play favorites, except it did the exact opposite. ... it targeted him for something nobody else would have faced.

He's not his dad. Nobody elected Hunter Biden to anything. The fact that there are people who will be all joyful about him being convicted over a silly charge like they got his dad, is so juvenile.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah actually fixing our immigration "problem" requires:

1. Legislation and more judges for immigration courts
    2. A hard discussion over the downside of suddenly removing 20 million people from our economy

.... and I put "problem" in quotes, because I don't think it's an actual problem.

If an undereducated, non-english speaking, illegal immigrant can steal your job, maybe the immigrant isn't the problem ...

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

This is the fantasy football world of politics we live in.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In light of the Hunter Biden verdict, I am switching my vote to Joe Biden.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's also worth pointing out, Hunter faced the music and even tried to accept a plea deal.

Meanwhile, Make Convictions Great Again says it's rigged

Draft saved Draft deleted