1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Zach Hample should have instructed us that something awful was coming our way culturally.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha to be fair (yeah right) to Hample, he's been doing this since we were counting down the days until we knew we'd never have to think about George W. Bush ever again. Though his YouTube era does coincide with our terrible era.

Octave likes this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

On second thought, the White Sox just might do it. They were up 4-0 entering the eighth tonight with co-ace Erick Fedde going. Alas, he gave up a leadoff homer and the White Sox's two "best" relievers. Michael Kopech & Jordan Leasure, gave up seven runs while getting four outs. Cal Raleigh hit a walk-off grand slam. This drops the White Sox to 17-50, which is a .253 winning percentage, which is a 41-121 pace. They are both utterly without hope and yet have at least four legitimately good players in Fedde, Garrett Crochet, Luis Robert Jr & Eloy Jimenez (if the latter two stay healthy). Fedde & Crochet are 10-6 for a 17-50 team. Imagine how bad it'll get if/when they're traded. You've got to be a special kind of hopeless to chase the'62 Mets, but I think that's the '24 White Sox!

Liut likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, living in Mariners country, there's only so many times per year I get to watch my hometown team on live TV (I'm a cheap-ass luddite, so no MLB.tv or on-demand).

I believe the announcers said this is the 24th time the White Sox have had a two-run or larger lead and lost -- almost half of their losses. Once again, they pissed away a strong start with their gas-can bullpen.

Liut likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to play for any of the five AL Central teams, according to that survey.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There should be a higher percentage of pitchers who should want to go to Cleveland. Ben Lively is going to increase his career earnings by about 300 percent because of Cleveland.

They turn any halfway average reliever into a sub-3.00 reliever. They have the best bullpen in baseball and not a single person outside of Cleveland knows who any of them are except Clase. More guys should explore spending a year there and then cashing in.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Playing in front of the 'BFIBs,' doesn't mean as much as it used to, I guess.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gunnar Henderson is no Cal Ripken -- he gets his first day off of the season.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tigers put Javy Baez on the IL. To replace him, they call up an even worse hitter -- Ryan Kriedler, hitting .133/.235/.200 in the minors this season.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted