1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The Admiral Kuznetsov has been out of service since 2018. There was a drydock accident in 2018, a fire in 2019, and general Russians being Russians delayed the ship's return to the fleet.

This 2023 article from Ukrainska Pravda basically says that the Admiral Kuznetsov is another victim of Russia's deferred maintenance: Russians brought their only aircraft carrier to critical condition and looking for those responsible

From that piece, I get the impression that there's a good chance that the ship never sails again, and a nearly as good chance that if it does sail again, it will be another case of a a Russian warship going and fucking itself.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The party that's all about hard work and bootstraps is against immigrants who come here and work their asses off doing the work no one here wants to do. It's almost like it's entirely about the race of those immigrants.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama AG Steve Marshall may not have Ken Paxton's name recognition, but he's every bit as partisan and ambitious as hell. He'll probably be Governor one day, slimy bastard.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Again, are we talking about legal, or illegal immigrants? "Opening new businesses themselves" would seem a little difficult for an illegal, as they have to meet some stringent criteria just to get a Social Security number, which takes months at best.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm down. Kick that orange around like at the end of Hostel 2.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

From my experience, most people who are worried about immigration, aren't actually affected by immigration, and are just being whipped into a frenzy to procure votes. Convincing Americans that the current batch of immigrants will ruin their lives is an American electoral tradition as old as the Constitution itself.

Also: None of them want to discuss the economic ramifications of reducing our work force by 10 or 20 million people.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should've used the blue font. I wasn't really looking for a serious answer, though I appreciate it. I just like making fun of the Kuznetsov.

The biggest threat the Russian Navy presents is another one of its nuclear submarines going down and contaminating the environment.

Woody Long likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I wish we could go back and figure out if the Soviet Navy was a great big joke, too. Ukraine doesn't even have a Navy and has still managed to completely neuter Russian threats via the Black Sea. Hilariously ineffective.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Maybe not, but they'll raise holy hell about how having to pay higher wages mean their hamburger combo meal costs over ten bucks now.

Draft saved Draft deleted