1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah, he hasn't been much of an upgrade.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I mean, I think it will be eventually. That 2022 season was a bit of fool's gold (until the end when they won 101 games but still stumbled and finished second. The Scherzer/Verlander moves went south, but I liked them at the time. And the farm system has vastly improved in pretty short time.

But at this point they can't stop being the Mets.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's very Mets that they made the right moves ripping off the Band-Aid and trading Scherzer & Verlander for prospects, yet the prospects have been banged up and/or ineffective all season.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But thanks to the universal DH, we'll never know if he was a better hitter.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

White Sox bullpen is consistent at least … four straight strong starts in Seattle, especially tonight from Crochet, and four straight blown saves. Julio jacks a ninth inning HR off Kopech to tie it at 2.

Chicago finally found a way to win it in the 10th. Six road wins on the 2024 season. Look out, American League!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Go time for the Orioles. Next four series: vs. Philly, at the Yanks, at Houston, vs. Cleveland. Bradish vs. Ranger Suarez tonight at Camden Yards is appointment viewing.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

St. Pete council looks set to approve MLB-record $1.6B subsidy for Rays stadium.

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They never learn. Especially since it's basically the same ugly dome in the same lousy location.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone might be able to wrench Garrett Crochet away from the Chisox at the deadline. I watched him for a bit last night, and yes, he is absolutely filthy.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He would fetch a handsome return. And he'll be destined for arm surgery before they're good again. Which is exactly why they won't do it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

All the talk in the Seattle media while the White Sox were here was about the Mariners acquiring Luis Robert. It would cost them at least three of their top prospects, but Robert is signed through the next three years at a “relatively” team-friendly salary.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But the A's can't rebuild on the Coliseum site. Okfine.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted