1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, they aren’t. The dreaded POLLZZ people love to hate pretty consistently show swing state Senators several points ahead of Biden. The GOP might narrowly take the Senate anyway just because it is such a brutal map, but the smart money expects the House to flip back blue.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    garrow likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The GOP has had the House for 17 months and their only legislative agenda is to investigate those who hurt Dear Leader’s feelings.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. Where they been for the last nine years?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Count your blessings.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure a few were actually shocked to see the elephant.

But it's also partly a consequence of the well-educated / affluent / busybusy businessperson humblebrag: "I don't pay attention to politics."

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

And every last one of them and their lickspittles will still vote Trump and GQP. Because, taxes, or some relatively trivial shit like that.

matt_garth, garrow, dixiehack and 2 others like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They like to save that for Latinas.

Fred siegle and TigerVols like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law is was an executive VP of a well known company whose products many of you have used. He was knocking down close to 500k when he retired. The other day he was cussing Trump but turned around with being pissed at Biden over student loans and Biden being senile. I said who gives a shit about student loans when the alternative is destroying the whole country. They both need to go away, but unfortunately that’s the binary choice we have come Nov.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

There is also a misconception that all loans have been forgiven. Assuredly not the case.

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was talking with a friend of mine who works as a career employee of a federal administrative agency. He says that, because the GOP has no real priorities other than “Biden bad” they have basically abandoned the type of horse trading which you typically see in terms of agency appointments and agendas. As a result, Biden has rewarded the more progressive wing of the Dems by letting the run amok in agencies like the FTC.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the ftc making amazon and ticketmaster get gay married

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Such a very, very weird way of doing business. You're POTUS and you're having a media buddy call people set up meetings?

"On the morning of Jan. 29, 2020, Dr. Fauci wrote, the conservative political commentator Lou Dobbs, whom the doctor had known for years, called to say Mr. Trump wanted to meet him. Several hours later, Dr. Fauci found himself in the White House Situation Room, briefing the president and his top advisers on a new virus that was circulating in China."

Fauci Speaks His Mind on Trump’s Rages and Their ‘Complicated’ Relationship

Draft saved Draft deleted