1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2024.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

More to do with their attempts to kill the ACC, which are motivated by the same animus that drives their politics.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Have you considered taking the political glasses off for a while? Maybe you should.

Batman, tapintoamerica and HanSenSE like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Looking at about a 10 pm Central first pitch for Aggies-Gators with the gradient winds from the back end of the line of thunderstorms. I’m sure the pitchers are giddy with delight.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Eh, no worse than playing the late game in Hoover after a couple of rain delays.

5. tapintoamerica

Not as bad, in fact. Both teams are off tomorrow. Not always the case in conference tournaments.

Batman likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, Hoover will almost have to still start on Tuesday, have three consecutive quadruple-headers, then have Friday as an open day to collect any games that get pushed back by weather. Otherwise you are begging for a hopeless trainwreck the first time a storm front pushes through.

7. tapintoamerica

Stay classy, Wolfpack.
    x.com

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Since when do they have open locker rooms in any postseason college tournament? Thought every sport did the postgame presser with the coach and a couple of players?

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Wonder where she's going?

10. tapintoamerica

I haven't been in the racket in several years, but every Final Four I covered had an open locker room policy. NCAA thing.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Throwing away a Stanford education and a lifetime of career connections might not be the smartest decision.

Inky_Wretch and franticscribe like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Considering she might walk away with millions over the next two seasons, it might be worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted