1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. It doesn't have something stupid hanging from the trailer hitch.

(Although I like the fact that I can pass it without changing lanes.)

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I still don’t think it can happen here, but these are the kinds of statements and attitudes from conservative evangelical Christians that make me think of those photos of Iran and Afghanistan in the 1970s that you see once in awhile that show women in skirts and jeans and going to school, etc. Very modern. But religion took over and covered women for the sake of — what? — averting men’s temptations? It sure looks like that’s a road these folks want to go down. It’s why Harrison Butker’s speech was more alarming that it really should have been. These things are stacked on top of each other, and you see the control this political and religious faction wants to have over women and their rights and their minds and their bodies.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife always asks the question, and I agree, "how do women let themselves be treated like that?"
    I'm not talking about in times past or even today in some distant land. I'm talking today in the United States. I guess if you grew up in some sort of evangelical sect and never had a clue how others live, that's one thing. I assume Butker's wife and women like them are fairly young and have some education.
    If I came in and told my wife she had to honor and obey me because some other old white guy interpreted a book that way, she'd tell me I'd better honor and obey my happy ass right back outside and come in again with a different tone.

Slacker, swingline, HanSenSE and 7 others like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watched a second of Fox News last night just to check in on the crazies, and Newt was on there, saying Trump is polling ahead in Minnesota and that if he wins there, it will be a Reagan-Mondale landslide in November. These people are living in literal cuckoo land.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Photo is from March 2021, obviously constructed in and meant for eyes in 2020.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Driftwood, I like your wife.

FWIW, very few 12-year-olds "look sexy." Most of them look like twelve-year-old children.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And if they look overly sexualized, it’s probably time to take a close look at their home life to make sure nothing hinky is going on.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Funny. I was told all of the groomers and pedos were in the democratic party and at Disney. It’s almost like that was all bullshit.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I've reached the stage of life where late teens and early 20-somethings still look like children.

There's never, ever, justification for a person in their 20s to be in any way sexually involved with a 12 year old. None. No matter what the child looks like or how the child acts.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Still, with the battery and shark story.

Yawn.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted