1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I watch one of the local weather guys giving hurricane season tropical updates on YouTube, but that’s it.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I watch our local weather guru when there are tornadoes in the area, but that's it.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The devil made me do it.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've probably moved 15 times in my life, into homes, apartments or condos, of varying sizes and values. Never once did the water not come out of the shower head.
    I think we all could have done without Trump's reference to "lathering himself." Unless that was for MTG to get wet somewhere else.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Remember when the History Channel could sometimes be called the Hitler Channel? Usually, in the old days, anything World War II related or Hitler related did really really well on the channel and would be rewatchable.

It looks like Netflix has picked up on this. There are a couple of docuseries that are actually really, really good. They're informative. It's history. Good talking heads. Good production. one is about Hitler's "Circle of Evil" and another one, which I'm watching now, is based off of journalist William Shirer's reporting at the time of Hitler's rise and then at the Nuremberg trial.

I don't think it's lost on the viewer, certainly if they're looking for it and have a liberal bent - my hand is up - but goodness there is so much Trump patter throughout it.

It makes me think of Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon and that so much of Trump's rise is orchestrated and built on some of this basis. An actual quote from Shirer's reporting is this:

"Hitler's communication with his audiences was uncanny, holding them completely in his spell in such a state. It seems to me they easily believed anything he said, even the most foolish nonsense. Adolf Hitler had come a long way from his hungry days as a tramp in Vienna."

"It didn't so much matter what he said, but how he said it. Every lie pronounced was accepted as truth itself."

Vote in November.

Edit to update: OK, this is actually really on the nose. In E3, mentions have been made of "His Mar-a-Lago" and "Make Germany Great Again."

That said, if it walks like a Hitler...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I suspect the fact-checking apparatus wasn't exactly running on time (unlike the trains, etc.).

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Ahhh, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of The History Channel.” — Homer Simpson

HanSenSE, garrow and UNCGrad like this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This isn’t the first time Republicans have done this, either.

Remember Curt Schilling telling all of us that WE were the weird ones if we didn’t think about fucking pre-teens like Trump did at his “beauty pageants?”

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My first poll.

upload_2024-6-18_15-38-44.jpeg

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, that's not what Morris said, as far as I can tell, so that's a good thing.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted