1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Was Romi there in swaggy drip supporting Shedeur?

/crossthreading/

HanSenSE and MileHigh like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New turf at Rynearson Stadium at Eastern Michigan, thanks to a donation by alum Maxx Crosby. A track that formerly circled the field has been removed.

Went here last fall on Leg 1 of the MACtion tour. The three of us had 50-yard line seats for $60 total and great tailgating in a free parking lot about 200 yards from the entrance. We also got free caps, blankets and tees from DTE, some Michigan energy consortium that had a giveaway booth nearby.

We had an absolute blast there, and at CMU and Bowling Green. If that's what the future of the Pac-whatever looks like, with the anticipated merger with the MWC (the MAC west), I'm perfectly OK with it.

Alma and I Should Coco like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This chode still around?

https://www.klfy.com/sports/geaux-n...says-vacated-wins-keep-him-from-hall-of-fame/

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

First question: In which language is this written?

The suit argues that a student-athlete’s father receiving inappropriate rewards from a booster independently of the football staff’s knowledge led to the wins being vacated.

Second question: Is there a former LSU coach who is liked -- or even tolerated -- by the fan base? If the answer is Bo Rein, he, sadly, doesn't count.

5. micropolitan guy

Ohio State has cancelled a 2025 game with UConn and replaced the Huskies with ... Grambling.

USC has cancelled an upcoming home-and-home with Ol' Miss.

Big Ten football: Cupcakes R Us.

6. dixiehack

Same margin of victory, much better halftime show.

Alma, TigerVols and Twirling Time like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

I don't think the tOSU band is going to give up its halftime show.

But a combined show would be awesome.

The Big Ten does have good bands. USC's and Washington's will fit right in. Oregon's and UCLA's, not so much.

8. dixiehack

Not at all uncommon for visiting bands to have their own halftime show. And when powerhouse teams book an HBCU, they often require them to come as part of the game contract.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

Outside of the SEC, I don't know how many visiting bands actually travel. The only visiting band that ever got halftime/pregame field time at Microville Tech was Oregon. They would do a combined anthem and then split the halftime show.

For the last four years or so the visiting band (when one actually shows) has been stuck in an upper corner of the upper deck. The OSU and UO bands generally get only 3-4 shows a year; the bands are generally not on campus for the first 2-3 home games because classes don't start until late September and they're not sharing the field with anyone.

Cal, SC and Stanford would bring a 50-member pep band. WSU and Washington and Oregon would bring the whole band.

Never saw anyone from the Arizonas, Utah or Colorado. It's simply too far, bussing a band to most Pac-12 games just wasn't feasible. Outside of the rivalry game I think the OSU band gets one road trip a year and it has to be by bus so it was generally UW, WSU or the Bay Area.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Helluva good read. I'm glad that my team is generally well below the level he's talking about.

Musings from Arledge: The state of college football

MSN

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Does tOSU realize they’re playing the football Huskies and not the basketball team?

12. dixiehack

Draft saved Draft deleted