1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I know it's Bannon. I know he's a shit-weasel. But this bullshit about "leaving it on the battlefield?"

x.com
    What fucking battlefield would this fat tub of rancid shit ever be on, let alone leave anything, except a full diaper? These fuckwads wouldn't last an hour in Air Force basic training, which is only slightly harder to get through than Webloes Cub Scouts.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Bannon in the Navy at some point?

It amuses me how many MAGAs on X seem to think me being fat means I have “credibility issues.”

Since I’m not giving diet or fitness advice I’m not sure how my weight affects my credibility.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

F*cking Bannon. In addition to that human sludge, here are all the Trump associates who have been sentenced to prison so far: Peter Navarro, Cohen, Manafort, George Papadopolous, Roger Stone, Rick Gates.

And Trump himself is waiting for a sentence. Geez....this criminal bastard is poised to return to the WH?!!?!?

Driftwood and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's fun to wishcast what bad things will happen to Bannon or any of Trump's toadies, but my guess is he'll be ignored and unknown. It's really impossible to explain how isolated you are in there. Other than phone calls and the occasional visit from your lawyer or clergyman, you're just trying to make the clock tick more quickly. That's playing cards, reading a book, watching seven consecutive episodes of Pawn Stars or swapping packets of Ramen noodles for instant coffee.

Jail/prison is boring. Think of the most boring thing you've ever done and compound that by a factor of whatever days you have and the lack of other options. And in my case, geting locked down for 24 hours every other day.

Nobody cares who you are, what you did or that you're a former White House advisor in the real world. You're a number now.

Prison life is trying not to stand out, because that leads to bad things. The guards only get involved if there's a physical confrontation, and the odds of Bannon stepping off against a real convict are pretty damn low.

A huge percentage of the inmates serving long sentences in there don't give a shirt whether he's Steve Bannon or Race Bannon, because they are completely disconnected from what's happening outside the wire. Chances are very good that drug dealers and sex offenders don't play a lot of attention to the news, so he's just another dude in a jumpsuit. He'll either conform to the rules of the "dorm" or whomever leads the pod will spell it out immediately if he decides to make trouble. And based on his phony faux manly personality, I'm guessing he cowers in the corner for the next whatever months, trying not to piss down his leg.

You disappear from existence when they slam the steel door. And that's what'll likely happen to Bannon, too. He may still get some radio time but the spotlight goes away.

The only thing I think will happen is he'll come out even more paranoid than he is right now.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Forget joining antifa for that Soros money, I'm going to be a shady guns right academic!

"Dr. English seems at first glance to be an impartial researcher interested in data-driven insights. He has said his “scholarly arc” focuses on good public policy, and his lack of apparent ties to the gun lobby has lent credibility to his work.
    "But Dr. English’s interest in firearms is more than academic: He has received tens of thousands of dollars as a paid expert for gun rights advocates, and his survey work, which he says was part of a book project, originated as research for a National Rifle Association-backed lawsuit, The New York Times has found."

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/18/us/gun-laws-georgetown-professor.html

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't fuck it up this time.

If you can figure out legitimate ways to put Farage and Boris Fatfuck in prison, do it.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't care if he gets shivved in the laundry room (although I would certainly get a giggle out of it), I care if he gets pampered and coddled. Prison is not supposed to be a fucking pleasure cruise. As you well note, it's supposed to be dull and boring and isolating.

Smallpotatoes and maumann like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If there’s anything to be discerned from the UK, it is probably a worldwide wave of anti-incumbency. People’s lives suck right now and there’s hell to pay for whoever happens to be at the wheel. So countries are warming up to right wing parties (see Argentina) except in the countries where they already run things (see Poland and Britain).

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Although, for far too many Americans, Trump IS the incumbent.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is who they are. They think women are lesser beings.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted