1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, there are still places in that part of Duplin County you can still see the signs. Of course, a lot of those folks didn't have the resources to recover well.

maumann likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Happy" happy. WU SZN.

Last year was stupid in spite of El Niño. When the oceans are boiling, an ordinary storm can dial up to a Cat 5 in no time.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"Colorado State University, a prominent hurricane and tropical weather forecast center," has to be one of the great non-sequiturs in academia. Sounds like "the University of Miami, a prominent predictor of blizzards, ..."

garrow, Driftwood and Batman like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

“Meanwhile, in America, the bedrock of a free and benevolent society ... ”

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cane-season-2024-danger/73889241007/?tbref=hp

"The whole tropical Atlantic is warmer than its ever been for this time of year," McNoldy told USA TODAY on Thursday. It's sitting at temperatures normally not seen until mid-August. And, "the Caribbean is going crazy."

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I miss being able to get to the salt water quickly for an impulse fishing trip, but I'm grateful that my home is not anywhere close to the gulf.

Sad but true.

Liut likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Me, too. Miss living on the water.
    Katrina was the end.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've been four hours or so from the salt water for thirty plus years now. When I lived in Houston, I could jump on I-10 and be wade fishing the flats at Anhuac in 45 minutes or so. Galveston was a bit farther, but I did a good bit of fishing around there. Been quite a while for me. /sad

Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just in time for my week at Gulf Shores!

Driftwood likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The jellyfish are your bigger concern there. Well that and the entire Midwest creating traffic jams all the way down.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted