1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And is anyone surprised by that? Seriously? Imagine the mess closing down the airports in Chicago and Milwaukee twice a day. And remember how he originally didn't want to live in the White House and wanted to commute back and forth to New York?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, do we really believe Morris did this serially 40 years ago, but hasn't done it since?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, let him perform just feet away from the imposing intimidating Fatfuck:

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. The only substance he ever had he abused via his nostrils

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is a truly excellent podcast if you like Jon Stewart and political discussion. Long form, an hour or so, with a smart panel that changes according to the subject under discussion. He's doing one a week. Good stuff if you have an hour commute or some time to invest. This was the first.

Second:

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was working backward on the thread today. I already liked the use of Shakespeare. Love it when I see who you were responding to and what nonsense they wrote.

Azrael likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:/Words without thoughts never to heaven go."

Why does it matter that he is engaging? Why does it matter what he had to say about spirituality now? Those words were pretty but empty. There was no real belief behind them. If there were, he wouldn't have molested a child. That's some evil stuff there. Being a person of faith does not excuse a person being a child molester. Why do you not understand that?

tapintoamerica, Dyno and Azrael like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I had one in Ohio where it was, we had 45 mile an hour winds. You were there. This is a front road, Joe. He said, everyone this guy, wouldn’t it be incredible? He’s gone to 250. If he voted for Biden, he’s going to vote for Biden. I don’t think so. I think it would be suicide before Biden. And then we have the wall. We call him the human wall. He’s been here so much and these are great Americans. They’re great great Americans. But we had one in Ohio where that teleprompter was like the sail on a sailing boat. We had 50 mile an hour winds, almost 50 and Bernie Moreno. I had to go up and do it for Bernie. And before I started my speech, as I was walking off, as I’m coming down the runway, walking off the runway onto the stage, the teleprompters got blown to pieces."
    --God's Favorite Son

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Such a waste of time and money

Funny how only the Ten Commandments gets a requirement designation. The law also "authorizes" - but does not require - the display of the Mayflower Compact, the Declaration of Independence and the Northwest Ordinance in K-12 public schools.

State House Representative Dodie Horton is the author of the bill. In April, she defended it before the House, saying the Ten Commandments are the basis of all laws in Louisiana, WWL-TV reported.

"I hope and I pray that Louisiana is the first state to allow moral code to be placed back in the classrooms," Horton said. "Since I was in kindergarten [at a private school], it was always on the wall. I learned there was a God, and I knew to honor him and his laws."

the key portion here Dodie: [at a private school]

Also from Dodie Horton, who looks exactly like the kind of person who propose this legislation:

In March 2022, Horton authored House Bill 837 that would punish schools, teachers and administrators for discussing any topics in classrooms that related to LGBTQ American individuals, their lives and their families. Stating that "my bill is an attempt to protect our most innocent from indoctrination of any kind." Horton went on to claim that sexual orientation is a choice.

Funny how sexual orientation is a choice but apparently religious beliefs are not

garrow, matt_garth and Baron Scicluna like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted