1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The stuff Fauci says about TFG is just mind blowing. I mean, It's not anything new, but to hear it again, egads.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why would you put any credence in his opinion on matters of morality when he molested a girl for four years and lied about the extent of the decadence?

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Fred’s conspiracy theory of the moment: Supreme Court justices are delaying the immunity question because the votes are there to deny immunity. The justices who support him won’t let the decision out until the very end so that cases against him won’t go forward until after the election. It’s going to turn out to be the right decision for us and rule of law but is being delayed,

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The trial was never going to happen before the election regardless.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Close.
    They’ll kick it back to the lower court on a technicality.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't care if either candidate uses doctor-prescribed stimulants for energy or to maintain focus?
    I'm not talking crystal meth or street speed. But there's no shame in Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, Provigil ... as long as they are monitored by physicians.
    I WANT politicians to be aware and alert, during the debate and in general.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Here's an update on Robert Morris. Cindy Clemishire got what she wanted. Sort of. I guess. I hope she's satisfied. I don't think she actually will be, no matter what, and in a week, all she will have done, probably, is destroyed a thriving church. I don't believe she went public and "couldn't stay silent anymore" for the benefit of any other victims, although I guess we'll find out, as there are now additional independent investigations going on.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/06/18/robert-morris-gateway-church/74126402007/

I don't know what difference it makes whether the church board accepted Morris's resignation, or if he was terminated. It's the same thing, under the circumstances. It was Morris's church. I also wonder why Clemishire just brought this to the watchdog group now, more than 40 years after the start of the events.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I must disagree. I'd rather have politicians who take just a little bit longer to come to a conclusion. I mean, you don't want them nodding off, but I'm very suspicious of any leader who stops a meeting with an emphatic "That's It!! That's What We Gotta Do!!"

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Goddamn, you are a real piece of work.

Hermes, outofplace, Dyno and 3 others like this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

My mother was convinced Fr. John Corapi was anything but a cheat, philanderer and all-round dissolute.

Draft saved Draft deleted