1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On the other hand of the spectrum, my synagogue is the Pittsburgh Steelers of religious congregations. Our new rabbi is just the fourth rabbi we’ve had since the mid-1930s.

And he’s relatively young (in his late twenties; maybe early thirties). So if he works out, he may be there until the 2060s.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That is one of the best mixed metaphors I've ever seen. I tip my hat, or kippah, to you for it.

Alma, Inky_Wretch, UNCGrad and 3 others like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

@WriteThinking I’m usually quick to “like” your posts and appreciate your points of view even though I more often than not don’t agree with them. That’s because you explain them well and often that’s missing from around here.
    I’m Southern so Lord knows I’ve experienced my share of folks like yourself who have invested tremendously in their religious indoctrinators, so I’m not surprised to see you come to Morris’ defense (even though you seem to be arguing that you’re not).
    But there is no criticism of the victim that is warranted. Full stop. I suspect had Morris been a well known politician or entertainer you’d be joining the rest of us in criticizing him.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

What's wrong with simple coffee?

Or in Stinky's case, covfefe?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize it’s the whole reason it has taken up residence on this thread, but the Trump angle is probably the least meaningful part of the Robert Morris scandal. I’m sure “spiritual advisor” meant flying him up for a 5-minute grip and grin so Trump could collect another few hundred rubes for his zombie empire and the rev could puff up his ego a little more.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I attended a dual bar mitzvah for the children of friends who are New Orleans natives and CRAZY Saints fans. At the synagogue we received black and gold kippahs with matching fleur de lis. It's my favorite NFL merch.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

What was in the gumbo?

Woody Long likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

You misspelled rubles.

10. Twirling Time

Why has Mark Burnett not been subpoenaed and why is Burnett not in jail for rejecting it?

Some major assumptions appear to have been made, such as Burnett refusing a subpoena forthwith. Serve his ass and let's see what happens.

Octave likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I can't respond to this tonight and am just taking deep breaths right now. Maybe later I'll post a reaction in "Thoughts and Prayers." Love to everybody. Going to distract myself for a little bit.

dixiehack, outofplace, Azrael and 2 others like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Likewise.

One word's too many, and ten thousand aren't enough.

dixiehack and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted