1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are showing us what you do and don’t understand by, once again, speaking in favor of a child molester.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if Dems were smart and not afraid of offending the old men in the diner, they’d be talking about “the spiritual adviser who has ties to Trump is a child molester” in every talk show segment.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You rang?

Putting aside the child sexual predator and charlatan, and bringing it back to politics for a sec. ... the one aspect of Donald Trump's popularity that has always made me slap my forehead. ... are the self-identified Christians (as in, they will tell you that their religious "beliefs" are their whole reason for being) who talk endless nonsense about what is and isn't moral for everyone else. ... but quickly embraced the most immoral man imaginable (using their own rhetorical standards). Donald Trump has violated 15 of the 10 commandments. It should be the most obvious clue that the Christian right rhetoric masks something other than spiritual goodness for millions of people who identify themselves that way.

For me, it's also a chicken and egg thing that points one way. Is Trump a charlatan who got over on them or are they just ridiculously absurd hypocrites? Trump is the most obvious charlatan alive, so I have never thought he is getting over on anyone ... it's not like he has ever been all that slick about disguising who and what he is. New Yorkers wrote him off as a cartoon bullshit artist in the 1980s. It's the same with this guy, Morris. People like him are charlatans who exploit the whole charade for their own ends. But I don't think it's a complete coincidence that "megachurches" seem to have a disproportionate penchant for attracting pastors who end up in scandal. They then get the play the "redemption" bullshit. What are the current odds that he reemerges relatively quickly with an even bigger Learjet to fly himself off to Europe to shop.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It might be your thought, but it's not valid.

He raped a child. Period.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Growing up in the south, three things were assured every summer: heat, a traveling carnival, and a traveling tent revival, all of which were intent on sapping the locals dry.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The last two were just going to where the demand was.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I often say it’s a minor miracle that I DIDN’T get molested as a kid growing up Catholic in Philadelphia with heavy involvement in scouting.

I grew up right around the time the Philly Archdiocese started shuffling the kiddy-fuckers to different parishes to keep it all under wraps. One of the principle offenders got transferred to my parish as the Monsignor. My brothers and I were all altar boys at the time. I’ll never forget seeing his stupid fucking face on the front page of the Inquirer when they broke the story.

At least four teachers/administrators from my high school also raped kids, including the dean of students.

Three people I was in Boy Scouts with were arrested when they became leaders.

Two of my former leaders are currently in prison, and they won’t be the last. They had a ring — this group of probably a dozen men worked at Scout camp every summer and at a last-chance boarding school during the year. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

All this is to say we only know what we see. But it’s like an ant infestation — for every one you see, there are a hundred you don’t.

Edit: Forgot to mention my orthodontist — also a child rapist.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You may have read that Louisiana passed a law that requires the 10 Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom in the state. But did you know the politicians didn't just copy and paste them straight from a Bible? They edited the 10 Commandments.

x.com

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Condoning child rape is a new one here.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. outofplace

The guy is just now finally facing consequences after decades of lying and you are already skipping past forgiveness to going on about the good he has done. You are already talking about putting it in the past. Between this and your repulsive comments about his accuser it is clear you haven't learned a fucking thing from the Duggar debacle.

11. outofplace

From that particular poster, sadly, it isn't.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, have you seen the celebratory "Poin Files" when a semi-attractive female teacher rapes a male student?

Draft saved Draft deleted