1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is yet another example of the damage Morris has done. For those in his flock capable of thinking about this rationally, it has to take a toll on their faith. He betrayed every single of those people by presenting himself as something he is not. Morris has brought a great deal of pain to the world.

2. outofplace

Wow. You just keep getting more repulsive with each word. Please kindly shove your victim blaming somewhere uncomfortable. He is guilty. There is no doubt of that, yet you seem desperate to question it. Why?

There is not one fucking thing wrong with a victim being happy to finally see some justice done after decades of trying to get people to listen. No, she probably won't get full satisfaction. She will still have to live with what he did to her as she has for decades. That she may have overcome what he did to her and lived well doesn't make it okay. She still deserves any compensation he gets and he deserves every consequence he faces. It also doesn't make it okay that you think he did good for people even though he has been lying to them for decades and even though this revelation has hurt the members of his flock and will probably shake the faith of many of them.

3. outofplace

True, but it's one more example of Trump associating himself with a person who turns out to be piece of shit.

garrow likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Then any celebration of the New Orleans Saints is a violation of the commandments since they work on the Sabbath Day instead of keeping it holy.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

WriteThinking-

Our heroes are not what they appear to be. I understand the disillusionment. I had to turn off that Michael Jackson documentary a number of years ago - it made me sick.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve always found it nutty that radio stations stopped playing Jackson’s music when the allegations came out; then started playing his songs again when he died. I’m like, “Being dead doesn’t change that he was a child molester in life.”

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OTOH, this is part of how Trump has built his support with the evangelicals. "Surely he can't really be a con man who sexually assaults women the way the liberal press says he is. Respected men of faith like Franklin Graham and Robert Morris wouldn't associate themselves with someone like that."

garrow likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Let's be clear about something. Trump has "normalized" abhorrent behavior. Now everyone thinks they can get away with anything - and if anyone calls them on it - oh its FAKE NEWS. Trump arguing about all the "rapists" coming over the border - we have one running for President!!! But THAT's OK? Really, I hope they ask THAT question at the debate.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Baron-

The Martin Bashir interview was evidence there was something deeply wrong with him. Then all the really bad shit came out.

10. Neutral Corner

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If they really wanted to act as a booster for Trump, they'd have beeen on the air saying, "There are only two major political parties. The candidate from one just became a convicted felon. How terrible must the other candidate be when that was the extent of the bounce he got from it?"

12. Neutral Corner

How terrible must the other party be to stick with Trump afterward?

Fred siegle and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted