1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes racism is bad but the people crying about reverse discrimination aren’t arguing it’s bad. They’re really mad they aren’t getting the opportunities they used to be getting because the scales are tipping away from white people. They aren’t happy power Is not localized among whites. And this whole argument against DEI is just the latest skirmish in that fight. DEI is just “let’s remember there’s more than one experience.” But those who didn’t realize Juneteenth was celebrated until 5 years ago can’t handle that.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

another study

https://wapo.st/3Ru5FyV

Black adolescents’ experiences with racial discrimination may put them at higher risk of depression and anxiety, according to a study published this week in JAMA Network Open that sheds light on the long-term impact of racism.

The study from researchers at the University of Georgia calls attention to the complex ways in which Black youths process and respond to discrimination. Its findings can potentially improve the resources designed to help Black adolescents cope with racism.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That would be Colombia, my friend. That's where she's from. Attacked Juneteenth....and also big into MAGA.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, that story Reggie Jackson told during tonight's pregame was powerful.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure was, just watched the video.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think of Reggie as a modern-ish player, which means I’m old enough to have seen him in the Series against the Dodgers. And that I’m old.

But I had no idea of the amount of racism he dealt with during his career.

Christ, what is wrong with us?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Same thing that’s still wrong. We as a country may be on the verge of returning an unrepentant bigot to the White House, one who will win nearly every southern state with comfortable majorities.

Draft saved Draft deleted