1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to play the brown note at one of his rallies. Someone other than him.

Cosmo and Woody Long like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpist pseudo Christians would reject. Such verbiage represents “Feminized Jesus,” the Libruhl demon they reject.
    I again commend “Jesus and John Wayne,” a great book.

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The fact that Bobert is leading a second scabbed district in Colorado makes me think one thing:
    Don't any one of you motherfuckers ever say anything about southerners being stupid again.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No state or region has a monopoly on stupidity in general. It’s a matter of degree.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have lived in the Volunteer State, the Sunshine State, the Palmetto State, the Old Dominion, and the Old North State, and I was held prisoner of war for about six months in Illinois one time.
    I am southern born, southern bred, and when I die I'll be southern dead.

Yesterday, I was in Jacksonville, NC, and pulled up next to a truck flying a flea market confederate flag, and it had three other similar stickers on it. The truck had Connecticut plates. I did a double take and scratched my head.

Ahhh, I remember it well when Colonel PTG Auriemma led the 99th Connecticut against General Summitt in the Battle of Knoxville, and his brave Huskies were no match for the tenacious Tennesseans.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's a jumbled primary. I think eight Republicans are running and it's basically a name recognition thing.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Gotta protect the Orange King

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

driftwood-

I lived all over the cotton states and heard the n-word twice - at a ballfield in Florida and while drinking beer on a pontoon boat in Florida.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler flying an old Boeing jet, fingers crossed...

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

the gyre widens

Gateway Church must expand inquiry into Robert Morris sex abuse allegation

A spokesman for the law firm declined to comment, and Gateway officials couldn’t be reached. But they owe it to their church members that the findings of this inquiry be made public.

Morris’ initial response to the allegations is disturbing. When confronted with the allegations by The Christian Post last week, he admitted to “inappropriate sexual behavior with a young lady.” A 12-year-girl is not a young lady; she is a child.

An internal Gateway memo to employees said Morris had been “open and forthright about a moral failure he had over 35 years ago.” He had submitted himself to the elders of Shady Grove Church in Grand Prairie, where he worked at the time, and went through a “restoration process” and had since “walked in purity and accountability.”

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

First time I heard a hard-R, no-fucks-given N-word dropped in person was at a Mississippi State basketball game in the mid-90s, from a man in a maroon sport coat displeased at one of his own players and who looked old enough to have notarized the surrender papers at Appomattox.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    OscarMadison, Driftwood and Octave like this.
  12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I heard it a lot more growing up in Indiana than I have in the 25+ years since when I've lived in North Carolina, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and back to North Carolina. And by that I mean, as @dixiehack noted, the hard R version.

But I have heard it in three of those four locales.

When I first moved to ultra-liberal Durham, I was unpacking my UHaul on the first home I'd ever purchased. It was August and across the street a neighbor, who was about 5'4" and at least 350 lbs was mowing his yard, shirtless. He waved me over to say hello and then casually dropped the N-word in some ham-handed warning about petty crime in the neighborhood. I think that's the most startling occurrence.

I had to assist a client in getting a workplace safety restraining order last year against a person who was harassing and threatening employees. She's batshit crazy. She got my email address thanks to e-filing and since she's no longer allowed to contact my client, she emails me a diatribe every day with the N word in it. Has been doing it since the beginning of October 2023. I don't read them. I set up a filter so her emails go in there own folder and I just skim it weekly to make sure there's nothing substantive.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted