1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think it's a tie.

OscarMadison and Tarheel316 like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'm from the Northeast and never heard the n word growing. (Plenty of shvartzes, though, mostly from older folk.) I've told this story: Tulane spring football game 1981 at Slidell High School, across the Lake. (White) Slidell Mayor Webb Hart is honorary captain. My team is driving and the running back gets stopped close to the goal. "C'mon, n----r, ya gotta punch it in!" yell several black teammates on the sideline. "Yeah, n----r, how you get stop like dat!" The mayor and his cronies hear this and start cracking up. Then, the black players see the white guys laughing, and THEY start cracking up. It was a...moment.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Tie goes to the fluffer.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Who you gonna believe, Moody's....or Dan Bongino?

matt_garth likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was accountable to everyone but the child he abused. And the law. And his flock. And everyone he lied to about his past. Well, I guess somewhere in there are a few people he was accountable to. Maybe. Sort of.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

FRantic Scribe, about your anecdote of the guy dropping the n-word while talking about crime in the area, maybe he was trying to see if you were like them.
    I've noticed this in the past, when someone brings up some distasteful subject at a bar or such and expects me to join in - yeah not happening.
    I still laugh about the time a guy actually dropped his rake in his yard when he saw a mixed-race couple in the car together.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Lincoln Project ads are great but are they getting shown anywhere besides to the already converted on the internet??

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I find that some of the LP ads are overcooked and lacking.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At this point the best way Team Donkey could invest is to shore up African American turnout in swing states. Some of the stories I read from places like Milwaukee and Philly make my blood run cold.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN talking to a guy right now who spent time where Bannon's going in Connecticut.

First thing he'll do is be naked in front of a male guard and "squat and cough".

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted