1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My thought is either the four new Bloodline turn in Solo and he goes back to Roman and his brothers or Sami joins back up and convinces KO to join them.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We get a weird alliance with Roman, Cody, Sami and KO? The logic being that the new Bloodline becomes such a dangerous faction that they find a level of mutual respect and band together.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sami Zayn rejoins for sure the pop will blow the roof off whatever building they’re in

Not sure about KO.

Can’t imagine Rock, its already gonna be hard enough to see the knockoffs as a threat to the real Bloodline, cant stack the deck that much

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

CAN THEY CO-EXIST?!!!!

Batman likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Thinking about how we may get Bloodline vs. Bloodline reminds me a lot of the NWO breakup where we got Red vs. Black.

The difference this time, though, is that in the long-awaited blowoff, the babyface finally stood tall at one point (Cody). We never really got that with Sting.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think they've done a much better job of getting us there as well. The Red vs. Black factions seemed pretty contrived and random. With the Bloodline, they've subtly shown Solo plotting this or at least thinking about it for a long time with little questioning glances at Roman here and there. You could tell he saw some weakness. Now Roman is gone and Solo doesn't so much turn on Roman (yet) as he simply steps into the power vacuum with a ruthless edge. It's the mob boss' son making his overly aggressive mark on the world, with his own crew, without considering the consequences like the wise father did.
    As with everything with the Bloodline, it works because they've told a damn good story. Obviously, as you pointed out, part of that was having the wisdom to know when to finally pull the trigger on Cody standing tall.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

She's been around WWE forever, so it makes sense that she'd want a new challenge, but still a bummer. Her rapport with Heyman was always great TV.

8. Baron Scicluna

Her and Heyman were always fantastic together. I hope they do one more scene together at MSG next week. Wishing her well in her future endeavors.

9. nietsroob17

Heyman gives her a nice, heartfelt farewell, and then Jacob Fatu gives her a splash from the top rope?

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Jamie Kellner RIP

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/jamie-kellner-dead-executive-fox-the-wb-1235930259/

"Who Killed WCW?" has been a popular question (and the title of the recent Vice miniseries) although you can't exclusively blame one person/thing, but Kellner was the one who fired the last bullet, canceling it from the Turner networks just as Eric Bischoff was trying to finalize a deal for his investment group to buy. True, by that time the death of WCW was a mercy killing, but Kellner, though he had just joined the company, seemed to represent the long line of Turner execs who wanted to do away with WCW no matter how successful it was.

11. nietsroob17

As painful as it is sometimes to see Jarrett on TV (along with Jericho in the "give it up, please" club), this was a very good promo.

I still remember his reactions being the most crushing of "Raw is Owen" the night after.

12. Baron Scicluna

This is the uncut version. Nearly 10 minutes long of a man baring his soul. I know it gets tossed around loosely, but this is one of the greatest promos I’ve ever seen in 39 years of watching professional wrestling.

nietsroob17 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted