1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 14.5) -- We Don't Need Another Euro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 13, 2024.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Heard through the grapevine that ticket prices for the Bolivia game were very high. Still looks like a big crowd though.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fox Sports announces they’ve got TV rights to the women’s Euros starting next year.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dear lord, who told Carli Lloyd that jacket was a good idea?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have this feeling that the 2-0 lead has something to do with the Bolivians' chippiness re-engaging the Americans. Because I've certainly seen enough Berhalter teams that were quite happy to turn 1-0 leads into 1-0 victories.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She is exceedingly unlikeable as a commentator.

6. jr/shotglass

It's remarkable, how often a Pulisic touch turns an average possession into a dangerous possession.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Pepi must have pissed someone off in a prior life.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Pepi needs to pick a corner.

Overall, pretty good start. Bolivia isn’t any good but we commanded the game throughout.

9. jr/shotglass

I'll be the first to admit I haven't been watching closely. But I never thought Gio Reyna would play for another Berhalter team. Frankly, good for both of them to push past the ugliness.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That appears to be the case.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The government.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Before the game I remarked that it feels like USMNT are the star attractions in a cash grab, with a suspect program airing against the kinds of teams they never play well against on a network I hate. I'm not sure why I care about Fox getting the 2025 women's Euros, because it doesn't matter but they infect everything they touch with this hyper-American hot take culture at least until they get desperate and need to get Ian Darke, Jacqui Oatley and Derek Rae to call their games. Lalas is an ass, but he's playing a character and he's been playing a character for 10 years now. My reaction to most of his schtick is not to be offended but to refuse to take the bait. Carli Lloyd shouldn't have to do that to be a legend but whatever. As for the jacket, she had a worse one yesterday (basically the Ukraine flag with buttons). She's also about five months pregnant, for what that's worth.

I wouldn't read too much into the outcome today - Bolivia plays its home games at 11,932' and last won a non-friendly outside of there in 2015.

Draft saved Draft deleted