1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you really wanted to make her think beyond the talking points, you could point out that the NBA also allows biological men who identify as women to play.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

ESPN WNBA halftime show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>ESPN NBA halftime show

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

poindexter likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good game by Reese. 25 points, 16 rebounds, 0 beheadings.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I watched more of that game today than I have of the NBA over the past 30 years.

It still was somewhat difficult to watch. The bigs, except for Reese, aren't very athletic. Clark has no help and Chicago just took her out of the game in the 4th quarter because no one else from Indiana had a clue how to score.

Late PS: Some Athlon staff writer described the game as "a crucial Eastern Conference battle."

Indiana was 7-10, Chicago was 5-9. Sounds like a Marlins-Rockies game to me.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The last few Indiana possessions showed a Clark weakness: She is not able to create a shot for herself. On the final seven-second possession she passed twice without even looking at the basket.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They flip-flopped spots in the standings -- if the season ended today Chicago is in and Indiana is out. It's probably 50-50 one make it and one doesn't.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I just saw the standings. If the season ended today one playoff team is .500, another two are below .500, they play an entire regular season to eliminate only 33% of the league. "Crucial" indeed.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Indiana high school playoffs are more special.

Spoiler: Everyone makes the Indiana high school playoffs.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don’t know how to post twitter links properly but here’s a good one that shows why Caitlyn Clark may just lead the league in turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted