1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Just let the hemorrhoidal squirt talk, he does a good enough job looking the fool.

I have noticed he is laughing a lot more lately. What the fuck?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment, but Biden should come out swinging. Show people that he isn't nearly as addled as the Republicans claim.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Personal opinion - less is more with Joe Biden, esp at this point.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's fun watching y'all say Biden should do this or that. None of it matters. If Biden is aggressive, it's because of the drugs he took! If Biden is calm and measured, he's not a strong leader! Trump can claim to have personally killed Osama bin Laden, tell 1,000 lies, doze off, forget the names of his own children and sundown the whole debate then the NYT will do a story about how the debate performance didn't quell voters' concerns about Biden's age. None of it will matter.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The painful irony of being vetted for a VP spot by a ghoul who couldn't pass the most cursory once over.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Nobody with a brain accused him of being on 'PeRfOrMaNcE-EnHaNcInG DruGGs!!!!".

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Didn’t he do that for the State of the Union? That’s where the whole Biden is on drugs thing came from.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The flip side is. ... It doesn't matter because economically more than half the country is feeling squeezed to high hell. If Biden does more of the same thing he's done for the last 2 years, where he tells people not to believe their lying eyes and insists he has created 60 gazillion jobs (like he owns factories) and that prices haven't run up the way they have, it doesn't matter how much of a clown Trump is.

He had better hope that Trump acts unhinged, because that takes the focus off of Joe Biden a little.

This whole election is absurd. If the Democrats could put up just about anyone except for the usual suspects of paternalistic Santa Clauses trying to buy one constituency at a time with promises that nobody buys anymore, they would win easily. People remember the shit show that was Trump's presidency. At this point, I think anyone who isn't Joe Biden would have benefited from not being Joe Biden.

If the Republicans could put up anyone except Donald Trump, Biden would lose big. He's incredibly unpopular.

Instead, this is going to be a winner chosen from two absolute losers.

maumann and Liut like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When I hear Trump is doing little to no prep for this debate, I know what's coming: The same tired rhetoric we've been hearing in the rallies since the ride down the escalator. And it's getting worse.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pfft. Who's gonna listen to those elite, ivory-tower dopes? Everybody knows Trump gonna fix everything!

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reminds me of me in college.

TigerVols, Woody Long and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That sort of false equivalency is exactly why this race is tighter than it should be.

Draft saved Draft deleted