1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Curious to hear more about this "far left" in American politics.

What's the "far left" equivalent of Project 2025?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
  2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

This probably isn’t wrong. But there’s only one side whose lunatic fringe has taken over its philosophy and is actively working to destroy the democratic process.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL

[​IMG]

matt_garth likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It all started on Day Two with Spicey's lies about the size of the inauguration crowd. Trump was more interested in his ratings, warm fuzzies and being right than doing what it takes to govern effectively.

OscarMadison, Kato, Webster and 2 others like this.
  5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I agree about the vaccine. What should’ve been a crowning achievement became nothing but yet more ammunition in the culture wars. And we’re all worse off for it.

Again, my original point was only in reference to non-medical interventions. We can admit now that they didn’t work that well, especially considering the collateral damage.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m not denying the many, many dumb things that happened during that time.

While I don’t think it made much of a difference in terms of death and case totals, it completely destroyed any hope for a sense of unity in this country and politicized it to a far greater degree than just about anything else in my lifetime.

There are people to this day who believe the whole thing was made up, or at least greatly exaggerated, solely to be mean to Trump.

It boggles my mind.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

NOBUDDUH TELLZ MEH WHUT TA DEW

... is not an effective philosophy for national leadership

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And his constant, stupid rallies while not campaigning.

Smallpotatoes, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The guy with toilet paper stuck to his shoe was president.

That's crazier then letting, I don't know, AMAZON, open walk in medical clinics.

Oh wait...

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Or citing Jenny McCarthy's inexpert positions on pediatrics.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There can't be unity with trumpism. It's his entire strategy. To divide, make the other side the enemy and have as few people vote as possible. He has never and never will attempt to win over opponents.

Biden tried to let things cool off after the 2020 election. I agreed with that strategy. Fat lotta good that did. It doesn't work with the trumplicans. Either they win or they want to burn it to the ground and end democracy. There's no way deal with that. There's no way to deal with a completely fact-free alternate reality.

From day fucking one, when he called journalists the "enemy of the people," it was always going to be that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted