1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 14.5) -- We Don't Need Another Euro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That looks to be the only really tasty match.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

18 yellows and two reds. Yeah, he lost control.

Webster likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

USMNT beats Bolivia on Sunday. On Wednesday, a military coup is happening in Bolivia. Coincidence? I think not!

4. Inky_Wretch

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They're going to be playing in Miami, Philadelphia, New York/New Jersey and Kansas City, not to mention the three Mexico stadiums. Should have thought that through a little better. Hell, it gets hot in Denver, which wasn't chosen, but it's a much drier heat than certainly those other four U.S. sites.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The potential for a Miami match to be drowned out in tropical downpours is way higher than zero. But I have to say, this story strikes me as a little weird. It doesn't get real hot in Brazil, Jamaica and Costa Rica? In Mexico or Venezuela? I feel for Bolivia, there's just too much oxygen at these venues for them.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine playing at 6 pm in NJ. My son and I just took a walk and I look like Patrick Ewing after an hour in the sauna.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and L.A. will all be indoors.

Miami is less than enticing for that, but maybe all their matches will be at night?

How soon we forget that sites for USA '94 included RFK, the Citrus Bowl and the Cotton Bowl.

9. Inky_Wretch

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LA isn't indoors.
    It can be an oven, it has been for a couple of Rams games. But it isn't an indoor stadium. Think of it as a car port.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

The news peg it is hanging on is the linesman collapsing from the heat.

Draft saved Draft deleted