1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Orthodox are the most conservative of Bibi's coalition - that they weren't jumping into this this wit hmore than words - letting other poor bastards risk their asses tells me all I need to know. I really wish there was a law that required the draft eligible kids and nieces, nephews and grandkids (say 18-25) of anyone authorizing, permitting or funding military action to serve a two year hitch.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

War is good business. Invest your kids.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I miss the old days when political opponents, you know, RAN FOR PRESIDENT.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So the British election is a week from today and while it appears the Tory government will be voted out, there are some amazing gambling stories coming out down the stretch. First, members of the Tory Prime Minister's government made bets he'd call the election for early July some days before he did, and nobody's denying they acted on inside information. But that's not the good one. Two members of Parliament, one Tory, one Labour, have been discovered to have made significant bets, in one case four figures, on themselves -- to lose their races. Say it ain't so, Winston!

Webster likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No Labour politician should be betting on losing this election.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Many of the settlers engaging in violence in the West Bank may be ultra-Orthodox but they're not typically Haredim (there's a difference) and they do serve in the IDF. But Haredim still do support extreme religious right politics and the belief in "Greater Israel" and everyone else is fucking sick of them sponging off the government with all its subsidization while usually not putting any of their skin in the game.

Just trying to clarify -- there's a tendency to lump all Orthodox Jews in Israel into one bucket and it's much, more layered than that.

I Should Coco and Mr._Graybeard like this.
  10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

LOL. Like Qatari and Iranian funded anti-Israel, Hamas-supporting organizations like SJP, Within our Lifetime and "Jewish" Voices for Peace (and al-Jazeera for that matter) haven't been engaging in massive efforts to shape U.S. discourse around the Gaza War. Do these fucking idiots at the Guardian think the Tik-Tok campaigns and campus organizing and drumbeat of "genocide" that arose before the IDF even started its response all came about organically? Give me a break.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Why would that surprise anyone, other than maybe the sheer spend? Isn't pushing Israeli interests AIPAC's whole reason for existence?

Draft saved Draft deleted